Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III - First Look
We have been lucky enough to get hands on with the new Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III and we are very impressed!
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III will sit between the current E-M10 Mark II and the flagship Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mark II. The camera is pitched at the pro consumer market offering features from the EM1 II in a smaller lighter body.
Amazing results in any shooting situation
They say that excitement comes from discovering new things and thanks to the combination of the latest TruePic Vlll image processor, also used in the acclaimed flagship Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mark II, and Olympus’ class leading 5-axis Image Stabilisation (IS), photographers can enjoy taking beautiful blur-free images. This clever technology gives pin-sharp results in virtually any shooting situation without using a tripod, even night scenes.
Making movies to capture the sights and sounds of new places truly brings memories to life, although sometimes the glory of the detail in 4K movies can be lost to shakes and blur. Olympus has taken that worry away from photographers new to movie making, because the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III’s high-performance image stabilisation is built into the camera body and compensates for camera shake with any lens in any scene, even hand held!
Ignite the passion and develop your skills
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III is equipped with incredible new upgrades and technology, cleverly brought together to allow photographers to develop as they use their camera more and start to take creative control. Even first time interchangeable lens camera users can shoot with ease due to the four assist shooting modes:
• *AUTO mode (previously iAUTO) has been significantly improved for better blur-free images – detecting movement even in the dark.
• *Scene (SCN) mode has been upgraded and will help photographers to take control of the results they want by choosing one of six themes with predefined settings.
• *The Advanced Photo (AP) mode has been added so that photographers can fine tune their images and enjoy incredible shooting methods such as Live Composite and Multiple Exposure without having to access the menu structure.
• *Bleach Bypass is a new option in Art Filter (ART) mode, which expands the range of photographic expressions by reproducing the silver retention method used when developing film.
All of the new shooting modes are assigned to the revised, intuitive mode dial for easy access.
The camera is available in three kit options: Body £629; 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 M. Zuiko Digital kit £699 and as a twin lens kit including the 40-150mm ED R zoom lens £799.
At CameraWorld, we are exclusively offering a FREE Lexar 64GB 633x UHS-I SDHC with every pre-order.
We think the new Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III is a great buy. It is certainly a step up from the current E-M10 Mark II packing features from the pro end Olympus OM-D EM-1 Mark II. The ever improving Micro Four Thirds sensor allows the camera to be perfectly small and lightweight. This is the ideal travel camera and is ideal for professional mirrorless users seeking a second or lighter weight option whilst retaining a pro standard of quality. We certainly think it will give its main competition of the Fujifilm X-T20 and Sony A6300 a run for their money.
• Blur-free high image and video quality
• 5 Axis IS
• 4K Movie (30p, 25p, 24p)
• Timeless body design
• Intuitive operation
• New bleach bypass filter
• High speed performance (8.5 fps)
• Wi Fi connectivity