- Weight - 1.41kg
- Max height - 111.2cm
- Min height - 10cm
- Folded length - 40.5cm
- Load capacity - 14kg
- Leg tubing diameter - 26mm
- Leg sections - 5
- Twist lock legs
Part of 3LT's Legends range of ultra-premium tripods, JAY is one of 3LT's first hybrid photo/video products.
JAY is a carbon fibre levelling-base tripod, designed for travel. Jay has a friction control on the underside to finely adjust the position of the levelling base and 5 section legs which enable the tripod to be folded to a compact size for transportation. Equally useful for video makers or landscape photographers, levelling base systems enable smooth and fast set-ups on challenging terrain.
Legends tripods all have 3 detachable legs, enabling them to be used as monopods or boom arms. The levelling base can be converted to a foot stabiliser for the monopod by adding 3LT footwear*. With the legs removed and the addition of a set of 3LT footwear*, the tripod can be used as a table-top or low-level tripod. Legends tripods also feature 3LT's new Rapid Latch, a hardwearing anodised mag-alloy leg latch with auto engage the lock, used to open and position the legs, and which has been designed to make adjusting the legs quick and easy, even when wearing thick gloves.
Jay features a new leg lock design with raised O-Pads for improved grip, leverage and water dispersement. Internally the locks have been engineered with a new type of Chicken Lips (shims) which give the locks greater strength, grip and formidable anti-rotation.
JayKit-A includes 3LT's first dedicated video head - the AirHed Cine, with an Arca-Swiss compatible clamp and plate. Precision milled from aerospace-grade magnesium alloy, and featuring a distinctive spiderweb design, the AirHed Cine has an adjustable, fluid-action, tilt mechanism that offers smooth movement and can be controlled directly, or with the included panning arm. The panning base rotates a full 361 degrees, and the arm can be fitted to either side of the head for right or left-handed operation.
What's in the box?
- Jay Carbon Fibre Levelling Base Travel Tripod
- AirHed Cine Video Head with Arca-Swiss compatible clamp
- Arca-Swiss compatible long video release plate
- Panning arm for right or left-handed operation
- Dual function D-Ring also adjusts levelling base friction
- Premium, protective carry bag with a carabiner clip, and storage pocket
- Extendable carry strap
- 3 detachable legs that can be used as monopods or boom arms
- Create monopod and foot stabiliser set up with the addition of 3LT footwear*
- Create tabletop or low-level tripod by removing legs and adding 3LT footwear*
- Easy-to-adjust levelling base system to enable smooth fast set-ups on challenging terrain
- Rapid Latch leg latch system, for ease-of-use, even when wearing gloves
- Precision engineered leg lock system with raised O-Pads for improved grip, leverage, and water dispersement
- 5 section legs that fold to compact size for transportation
- Dual 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 Screw Foot, with multiple accessory options
- 100% pure, 8-layer carbon fibre construction for durability
- Strong, lightweight AirHed Cine video head with Arca-Swiss compatible clamp and release plate
- 361˚ panning base on AirHed Cine
*additional footwear sold separately