Charging and maintenance device for 1-6 Micro AAA / Mignon AA, 1-4 Baby C / Mono D and 1-2 9V E-Block rechargeable batteries, automatic refreshing function.
- Charging the batteries: Charging option for 1-6 Micro AAA / Mignon AA, 1-4 Baby C / Mono D, 1-2 9V Block NiCd/NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Maintaining and refreshing the batteries: The device automatically detects ailing rechargeable batteries, and initiates a refresh program which gently "revives" the batteries.
- Automatic shut-off: State of the art microprocessor-controlled charging technology with multiple overcharge protection guarantees optimally charged batteries and a gentle charging process.
- Quick charge: The Energy 8 Plus automatically determines the optimal charging current for the inserted batteries and loads them with up to 1000 mA in a rapid charging process.
- Individual monitoring: With the Energy 8 Plus each round cell (of any size) can be placed in any charging slot. Each battery is individually monitored during charging, and individually charged to its maximum capacity.
After inserting the batteries, the charger starts an automatic diagnosis and a quick capacity test for about five seconds. Depending on the condition of the battery, the device selects a gentle pre-charge and/or refresh program, or initiates the actual charging process. The refresh mode restores performance of rechargeable batteries damaged by storage or memory effect, and prolongs their life cycle considerably.
Once a battery is fully charged, the charging process is automatically stopped and switched to trickle charging (buffer charging with current impulses). This feature ensures optimum performance and counteracts the self-discharge of the battery. The battery can thus remain in the device until it is used. A clearly arranged LED display shows the current program mode for each charging slot separately. Should a non-rechargeable or defective battery be inserted accidentally, this will be indicated by a flashing red LED.