Whether you are interested in capturing beautiful water droplets, facial expressions of athletes at the finish line from multiple angles, or wildlife movements caught in the act, the LV5 Laser Trigger can create unforgettable images with ease.
Laser and Radio Trigger
With over a year of research and development, Cactus created a device that is unique in the market: it combined laser and radio frequency technology in one compact package. Aside from a light stand, tripod and a shutter release cable for your camera, the LV5 is all you need to capture that specific spectacle. Weighting at just over 300 grams and requiring only four (4) AAA batteries to power both the LV5 Emitter and Sensor, it is possibly the most versatile laser trigger to date.
Cactus V5, V6 and RF60 Compatible
The LV5 is a Class 1 laser device that triggers your camera’s shutter either by direct wired connection or wirelessly via the embedded Cactus RF module. Since the LV5 runs on the same channels as the V5, V6 and RF60, it can also trigger flash units with V5 and V6 transceivers or directly to an RF60, which is a very convenient way for high-speed photography.
Trap & Escape
Trap Mode and Escape Mode are the two triggering modes of the LV5. Just like their names, Trap Mode captures an image when the laser is broken by an object. Whilst in Escape Mode it happens when the object leaves the laser and signal is detected by the Sensor. The camera can take a single shot or multiple shots as desired.
Delay & Freeze Timers
What makes the LV5 unique and desirable is the ability to customize Delay and Freeze periods. This gives precise control over the exact time the camera releases the shutter after detecting an event. There are 15 selectable time delays. The Delay period can be set from 1ms to 400ms while the Freeze period is from 20ms to 4 seconds.
Main features of the LV5:
- Duo Mode Triggering (DMT). Cactus LV5 can be triggered by: (1) blocking the transmission between the laser Emitter and Sensor; or (2) removing the object between the laser Emitter and Sensor;
- Works wirelessly with Cactus V5 and subsequent V5-compatible models. Cactus LV5 combines laser and radio frequency (RF) technology in a single device. With a built-in Cactus V5 transceiver module in the Sensor, LV5 allows you to take instant camera photos with unlimited number of portable flashes, wirelessly!
- Long working distance. The working distance between the laser Emitter and the Sensor is up to 150 meters.
- Works under sunlight. The LV5 not only works under ambient light, its intelligent design also allows it to work under sunlight.
- Supports single and continuous shots. Supports bulb shot. The LV5 offers endless possibilities for your creative works.
- Shutter Delay and Freeze: Shutter delay and post- shutter freeze period adjustable in 15 divisions.
It doesn’t matter if you are a wildlife photographer, an amateur, or a professional who shoots in the studio, the LV5 is your best companion when you need that decisive push on the shutter release. It captures that instinctive action or freezes the split-second of amusement. Get yours today and liberate your ideas!