- Daylight-Balanced Colour Negative Film
- ISO 50/18° in C-41 or ECN-2 Process
- "Premoval" of Rem-Jet Layer
- Unique Halation Effect
Producing a cinematic image quality for still photographers, the Cinestill 50Daylight Xpro C-41 Color Negative Film is re-formatted movie stock that has been prepared and packaged for use in still cameras. Utilizing a unique "Premoval" stage, the traditional anti-halation rem-jet layer has been removed from this film, enabling its development in C-41 chemistry as well as the motion picture standard ECN-2 process.
Benefitting from the distinct qualities of a low-speed motion picture stock, this daylight/5500K-balanced film is well-suited for outdoor shooting in bright conditions and exhibits a nominal sensitivity of ISO 50/18°. If exposing under tungsten/3200K-balanced lighting conditions, an 80B filter is recommended along with exposing the film at ISO 12 for normal results. The slow speed of the film offers extensive control over the highlight regions of a scene, maintains accurate, yet dynamic, colours, and is ideal for portraiture and landscape photography. Its high degree of sharpness and fine grain structure is also particularly well-suited for scanning.
This item is one roll of 36-exposure 35mm (135) film. The cartridge is not DX-coded and the film speed must be set manually.
- Low-speed ISO 50/18° daylight-balanced movie stock has been packaged and prepared for use in still cameras.
- Unique "Premoval" stage eliminates the rem-jet anti-halation layer to make it suitable for C-41 processing. Processing can also be done with ECN-2 chemistry without worrying about the rem-jet layer.
- A distinct halation effect produces glowing highlights from strong light sources.
- Emulsion has been optimized for a hybrid workflow and is ideal for scanning.
- Specifically designed for use in bright, daylight conditions.
- If used under incandescent lighting, an 80B filter and rating the film at ISO 12 is recommended.