- Compact & Lightweight body
- 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- X-Processor Pro Image Processor
- 2.36m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K/30p and Full HD Video Recording
- Extended ISO 51200, Shooting to 14 fps
- 91-Point AF with Custom AF-C Settings
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Film Simulation for Photos and Videos
Utilising the X-Processor Pro for best in class colour reproduction in both stills and 4K movies, it’s made for photographers who want to seamlessly upload photos directly to their smartphone or tablet.
Stylish, compact and portable, the X-E3 packs a powerful punch, with the inclusion of Fujifilm's iconic 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor and the X-Processor Pro high-speed image processing engine.
The X-E3 is the first X Series model to feature Bluetooth low energy wireless communication. Users can pair the camera with their smartphone or tablet device for easy transfer of pictures taken using minimal power – perfect for sharing images with friends and online.
The LCD monitor, on the back of the camera, uses a static touchscreen panel which supports the conventional “Touch Shot”, “Touch AF” and “Focus Area Selection” capabilities. An all-new “Touch Function” feature will be available on the X-E3, which enables gesture controls reminiscent of smartphones, like flick and pinch zoom, to further enhance touchscreen operation. In addition, the AF algorithm has been updated to enhance the camera’s performance for tracking a moving subject.
The X-E3’s premium exterior design, agility and functional beauty make it a mirrorless camera that’s a pleasure to own and fun to shoot with at the same time. Small, stylish yet deceptively powerful, it’s ideal for capturing images and sharing stories.
Compact and lightweight body for portability and practicality
Fujifilm redesigned the camera body of FUJIFILM X-E2 (released in November 2013) to create the X-E3, arguably the most compact and lightweight model within the X Series interchangeable lens camera range, with a viewfinder.
The form factor makes it a perfect companion for everyday use and travel photography. In addition, the well-balanced proportions and the grip-shaped design make the camera incredibly comfortable to hold. The new model also supports the Focus Lever, a popular feature first introduced in the FUJIFILM X-Pro2, allowing you to instantaneously change the focus area whilst keeping an eye on the viewfinder.
The top plate of the camera body features two dials, one for shutter speed and the other for exposure compensation. The dials, milled from aluminium, have a high quality appearance and deliver a reassuring click at every notched setting. The exposure compensation dial now has the C position to enable exposure compensation of up to ±5 stops in 1/3 steps, which enhances the basic operability of photography. The X-E3 is also equipped with an Auto mode selector lever for selecting the fully-automatic Advanced SR Auto mode where the camera chooses the optimum settings for a given scene.
Outstanding image quality, high-speed response and upgraded AF tracking performance
The X-E3 features a 24.3 megapixel APS-C sized X-TransTM CMOS III sensor and X-Processor Pro image processing engine for outstanding image quality and high-speed response. The X-E3 features a large phase detection AF area and an updated algorithm to deliver a fastest AF speed of 0.06sec.※3. The X-E3 also offers 5.0fps live-view shooting, a quick start-up time of 0.4sec., a shutter time lag of 0.050sec. and a shooting interval of 0.25sec.
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the X-E3 is able to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous models.
In addition, the X-E3 is also able to track moving subjects of half the size as before.
Upgraded intuitive touchscreen operation
The LCD monitor uses a high-resolution 1.04M dot, 3.0-inch static touchscreen panel display. Turning the “Touch Panel Settings” on allows the following operations during shooting and playback modes:
- Focus Area Selection: Move the focus point to the chosen position by tapping the LCD monitor.
- Touch Shot: Touch to focus on a specific point, then take the picture.
- Swipe Movement : Swiping a finger across the screen scrolls through the images, one after the other.
- Double-Tap Enlargement: Tapping the screen twice will enlarge the image, centring on the active focus point when the image was taken.
- Drag: Moving a finger across the screen when an image is enlarged will move it around the frame.
- Pinch out: Placing two fingers on the screen and widening the distance between them enlarges the image.
- Pinch in: While the image being displayed is enlarged, placing two fingers on the screen and narrowing the distance between them reduces the image size and displays the last 9 images.
All the touchscreen functions are disabled when the “Touch Panel Settings” are turned off.
The camera also features the “Touch Function”, in which you can use flick motions in up – down and right – left directions to call pre-assigned functions. Use the drag motion on the touchscreen panel, even while keeping your eye on the EVF, to change the focus area location. In the EVF TOUCH SCREEN AREA SETTINGS, you can activate touchscreen operation for “ALL”, “RIGHT”, “LEFT” or turn the functionality “OFF”.
High resolution and high definition 4K video recording
The X-E3 is capable of recording both Full HD and 4K video using the X Series’ reputable Film Simulation modes. You can output recorded video to an external monitor, via the HDMI port, and input audio from an external microphone.