- Suitable for EF and selected EF-S Lenses
- Magnification: 1.4x
- Depth of Field: 1/1.4 of prime lens
- Minimum Focus Distance: Same as prime lens
- Optical Construction: 3 elements in 2 groups
- Diaphragm Coupling: Fully automatic
- Exposure Adjustment: 1 Stop
- Barrel Length: 25mm
Now with EF-S Compatibility*
Placed between the camera body and lens, a teleconverter contains a set of optics that will effectively increase the focal length of any lens with which it is used. The KENKO TELEPLUS HD DGX 1.4X converter has the effect of multiplying the focal length of your lens by 1.4X, turning a 300mm lens into an equivalent 420mm.
The HD DGX 1.4X converters have genuine Gate Array IC (Integrated Circuitry). This means the converter's unique circuitry maintains signal integrity between the camera body and lens. The 3~5-element design made with high quality multi-coated optical glass supplied by Hoya Corporation, the world's largest manufacturer of optical glass.
Full AF operation with the TELEPLUS HD DGX 1.4X is possible using a camera lens with an open aperture of F4 or brighter. Please be aware that AF will work properly only if there is enough light and contrast on the subject to activate the camera's AF sensors properly. (Manual focusing may be necessary when using lenses with smaller open f-stop values than that given above.)
The TELEPLUS HD DGX converters have updated circuitry to record exif data more accurately. In the exif exposure data (meta-data recorded with a digital picture) TELEPLUS HD DGX converters record the equivalent aperture and focal length of the lens setting plus teleconverter. Optically and mechanically they are identical to the prior high-quality TELEPLUS HD DGX converters.
Lens performance has been improved dramatically as compared to the MC4 and MC7 models. The improvement in resolution is especially marked, 150% respectively in comparison to the current MC4 model.
*With the exception of the following lenses, this TeleConverter will work with all current EF and EF-s lenses in AutoFocus and Aperture operation:
- 28-300mm f3.8-5.6 L IS USM (Manual Focus is recommeded at telephoto end of Zoom)
- 8-15mm f4 L USM Fisheye
- 16-35mm f2.8 L II USM
- 16-35mm F4 L IS USM
- 17-40mm f4 L USM
- 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM (Use at Telephoto end)
- 24-70mm f4 L IS USM (Use at Telephoto end)
- 24-105mm f4 L IS USM (Use at Telephoto end)
- 400mm f2.8 L IS II USM
- 10-22mm f3.5-5.6 USM EF-s
- 50mm f2.5 Macro (Manual Focus is recommeded)
- 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM EF-s
Our experts recommend these great additions for your product