All-round lens for today’s high-resolution SLRs
- DX format 11.1x zoom lens with 18 to 200mm focal range.
- Vibration Reduction II (VR II) stabilization system with Normal and Active modes. Enables more flexible hand-held shooting and lets you use shutter speeds that are up to 4 stops slower.
- 2 ED glass and 3 aspherical lens elements ensure high resolution and superior contrast.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, whisper-quiet autofocus.
Versatile, high-power 11x zoom with Vibration Reduction (VR II)
If you want just one lens to cover life’s many shooting opportunities, this may be the lens. Its powerful 11x zoom goes from wide-angle (18mm)—great for group shots, landscapes and more—to telephoto (200mm)—great for portraits and bringing the action close. Its equipped with Nikon’s advanced Vibration Reduction (VR II) for remarkable image clarity even when handheld shooting or in demanding lighting situations. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II is a powerful, versatile photo and video partner.
Remarkable 11x zoom versatility
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II is an ideal one-lens solution for DX-format D-SLRs. Its powerful 11x zoom means you can capture just about any shot you encounter or imagine. From breath-taking wide-angle cityscapes and landscapes to action-stopping close-ups, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II is adept in a huge range of shooting situations. It is a truly exceptional staple for any photographer’s camera bag.
Nikon technology for better shots
What’s versatility without quality? The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II is as powerful as it is versatile. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.5 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements maximizes optical performance while minimizing chromatic aberration. Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior colour consistency and reduced flare, and its exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and ultra-quiet focusing.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- AS: AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- M/A: Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens.
- Vibration Reduction: A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Our experts recommend these great additions for your product