High-performance lens for sports arenas or concert halls.
- High-performance telephoto lens
- Perfect for news, sports, action and astronomical photography
- ED glass element
- IF (Internal Focusing) technology
Popular medium telephoto prime lens with ED glass.
The fast AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED has proven itself a stellar performer in low-light situations where capturing distant action is crucial. It’s fast f/2.8 maximum aperture delivers beautiful background blur and versatile low-light capability. A favourite among astronomical photographers, photojournalists and portrait photographers, it’s also fantastic in sports arenas and concert halls.
Fast f/2.8 medium telephoto reach
A favourite of astronomical photographers, the AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED is also well-suited for close portraits, short-range sports, theatre photography and more. So whether you're interested in capturing the beauty of nature’s most elusive phenomenon’s or the exciting fast-pace of a sporting event, bring the action closer in exquisite detail and clarity.
Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass
Remarkably compact and easy to handle for such a fast medium telephoto, the AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED incorporates Nikon’s renowned Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass to compensate for chromatic aberration and deliver crisp, high-contrast clear images, even at the maximum aperture of f/2.8. Expect brilliant images every time.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- A-M: A-M stands for Auto-Manual Mode. Thanks to a mechanism incorporated in the lens barrel, smooth focusing operation in Manual focus mode is realized in the same way as users have become accustomed to with conventional manual-focus lenses by adding an appropriate torque to the focus ring.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
Our experts recommend these great additions for your product