- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Three ED Element, One Super ED Element
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Detachable, Rotating Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
An update to a legend. Ultra-fast telephoto prime lens with VR II.
Trusted by countless professionals, the ultra-fast AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II prime lens has captured exceptional moments in sports, music, theatre and studio portraiture. Incorporating the superior optical design and features of its predecessor plus Nikon’s second generation Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stabilization system with tripod detection mode, Nano Crystal Coat (N) for minimal ghosting and lens flare and much more, the AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II is the lens of choice for serious photographers who want to produce razor-sharp images under the most demanding conditions.
Ultra-fast f/2 telephoto prime lens
The upgraded AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II produces razor-sharp images under the most demanding conditions including indoor sports, concerts, theatre, wildlife, portraiture and more. Its ultra-fast f/2 maximum aperture renders shallow depth-of-field with beautiful background blur (bokeh) and is ideal for photographers seeking to freeze movement with fast shutter speeds in low lighting conditions.
Built for endurance and high performance
The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II produces action-freezing, razor-sharp images, even in the most demanding conditions. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.0 stop of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Nano Crystal Coat (N) reduces ghosting and internal lens flare across a wide range of wavelengths for greater image clarity. Enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens ensure a lifetime of consistent performance for even the most demanding shooters.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts “traveling waves” into rotational energy to focus the optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that's extremely accurate and super quiet.
- Vibration Reduction: A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- M/A: Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
- Nano Crystal Coat: An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths.