- 24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- 3.2" 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Multi-CAM 4800 39-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 6400, Extended to ISO 25600
- 6 fps Shooting at Full Resolution
- Built-In Flash with Commander Mode
- Wireless flash control
- Dual memory card slots
Equipped with professional Nikon technology, this powerful D-SLR delivers the kind of image quality that only the FX format can offer.
The 24.3-megapixel FX-format sensor captures every detail with lifelike sharpness, offering brilliant photos with rich colours and smooth Full HD movies. You can capture action at a fast six frames-per-second, and Nikon’s new Quiet Release burst mode allows you to shoot in near-silence: Perfect when you want to photograph wildlife.
Fully weather-sealed, the D610 is tough enough to go anywhere, and you can share the full splendour of your images via a smart device using Nikon’s Wireless Mobile Adapter
24.3-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor
From extreme wide-angle to super-telephoto, capture incredibly detailed images with smooth tonal gradations and low noise when shooting at high ISOs.
Quiet Release burst mode
Perfect for wildlife photography, the sound of the camera’s mirror return mechanism is noticeably reduced during the burst, so it’s easier to capture elusive subjects.
6 fps continuous shooting
Shoot sharp shots of fast-moving action at six-frames-per-second in both FX and DX formats.
In-camera HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Capture images with low noise and a wide range of tones in both bright and dark areas when you shoot photos of high-contrast scenes.
Superior low-light performance
With ISO 100–6400, extendable up to 25,600 (equivalent), you get finely detailed images with minimal noise, even when you shoot under challenging lighting conditions.
Records Full HD (1080p) movies in 30p, 25p, and 24p in both FX and DX formats. Offers uncompressed HDMI output to external devices and high-fidelity audio control.
- Wireless transfer: share images immediately, or control the camera remotely, using a smartphone or tablet and Nikon’s optional WU-1b Mobile Adapter.*
- Highly sensitive autofocus: benefit from superior subject acquisition with the Multi-CAM4800 39-point AF system. Compatible with lenses up to f/8 combined open aperture and sensitive down to -2 EV, the D610 shoots sharp, even under the light of the full moon.
- EXPEED 3 image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb tonal gradation.
- Scene Recognition System: the camera’s image sensor and its 2,016-pixel RGB sensor provide precise data to the Scene Recognition System, which optimises exposure, autofocus, and white balance immediately before the shutter is released, generating sharply defined images.
- In-camera time-lapse function: create time-lapse photography through simple menu operations, with no need for elaborate calculations and editing. Use interval timer shooting to trigger the shutter at preset intervals. Use time-lapse photography to save images as movie files and view slow action in fast playback, with playback rates from 24 to 36,000 times faster than normal.
- Picture Controls customise the look of your stills and videos by fine-tuning parameters such as sharpness, saturation, and hue before capture.
- Precision 8 cm (3.2-in.), 921k-dot, VGA LCD monitor with automatic monitor brightness control. Delivers bright, crisp image playback with a wide colour reproduction capacity.
- High-performance viewfinder with approx. 100% frame coverage and 0.7x magnification. Offers DX Crop Mode with viewfinder marking.
- Durable and lightweight: built to withstand severe conditions, the camera boasts magnesium alloy top and rear covers and weighs only 760 g (without battery). Weather-sealed to the same degree as Nikon’s professional D800 DSLR, it offers enhanced resistance to moisture and dust.
- Dual-axis electronic virtual horizon: you can confirm the camera's position relative to the horizontal plane and its pitch (forward or rear rotation) using the LCD monitor or the viewfinder.
- Twin SD card slots: two SD memory card slots offer enhanced shooting flexibility. Use the second card when the first is full, or record stills on one and movies on another. SDXC and UHS-I compatible.
* Compatible with iOS™ and Android™ smart devices. Requires use of a dedicated Wireless Mobile Utility application that can be downloaded to your smart device for free from Google Play™ and the Apple App Store™. Android, Google, Google Play, YouTube, and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
Nikon 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G ED AF-s VR
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/29
- One ED and Three Aspherical Elements
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Advanced and versatile FX-format standard zoom with VR II image stabilization.
Covering a versatile wide angle to medium telephoto zoom range, the new AF-S NIKKOR 24–85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR delivers noticeably sharper photos and HD videos thanks to Nikon's Vibration Reduction technology (VR). Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture.
Versatile 3.6x standard zoom for brilliant photos and HD videos
The AF-S NIKKOR 24–85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR covers wide-angle and medium telephoto perspectives, making it a great multipurpose lens for photography and HD video recording. At its widest focal length (24mm on FX-format D-SLRs, 36mm on DX-format D-SLRs) it's ideal for travel, landscapes, interiors, group shots and more. At its longest focal length (85mm on FX-format D-SLRs, 136.5mm on DX-format D-SLRs), it's ideal for close-ups, portraits, interviews and more.
Nikon's VR II Image Stabilization with Tripod Auto Detect
Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blurfree handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Slow down the shutter speed to capture maximum natural light without sacrificing sharpness. Nikon's in-lens VR also includes tripod detection, which automatically recognizes when your camera is mounted on a tripod and delivers a specialized VR correction that is ideal for HD video recording.
Nikon innovations for consistent performance
Nikon's innovations in optical design and lens technology have brought forth a remarkable new generation of NIKKOR lenses with unparalleled versatility. The AF-S NIKKOR 24–85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR is no exception. From its Silent Wave Motor (SWM) to its Super Integrated Coating (SIC), Extra-low Dispersion Glass Element (ED) and Aspherical Lens Element Design (AS), the AF-S NIKKOR 24–85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR is an advanced lens that draws peak performance from today's D-SLR and HD-SLR cameras.
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts “traveling waves” into rotational energy to focus the optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that's extremely accurate and super quiet.
Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
Super Integrated Coating
Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass
An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.