Step up to excellence with the sophisticated D7200. This nimble DX-format D-SLR delivers sumptuous stills, excels at video, and is fully connected. It’s fast, versatile, and ready to match your every ambition.
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.2" 1,229k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 3500 II DX 51-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 25600, B&W to ISO 102400
- 6 fps Shooting for Up to 100 Frames
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- In-Camera Time Lapse, Up to 9,999 Frames
The D7200 is all about perfection. Class leading autofocus inherited from Nikon’s legendary professional cameras ensures precise subject acquisition down to -3 EV. A dedicated menu for movie settings and advanced options for audio control give moviemakers more flexibility. Functions for light trail photography and smooth time-lapse movies extend creative options, and NIKKOR lenses ensure rich detail. Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC support make it easy to upload impressive stills.
Fulfil your ambitions
Raise the bar on your photography with richly detailed stills and movies. Achieve print-quality 24.2-megapixel photos of any subject, and clear footage of nighttime video scenes.
Professional AF performance
The D7200’s class-leading AF system locks onto your target with incredible precision. Sensitive down to -3 EV, you get superior subject acquisition even in dark situations.
Excel in low light
Capture crisper, cleaner, better-defined images at high ISOs. With an ISO range of 100–25600, you can shoot confidently in available light.
Easily capture impressive footage. With video features inherited from Nikon’s professional cameras and a lightweight body, the D7200 is a video shooter’s dream.
Share your vision
Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) support make it easy to upload impressive photos via a smart device.
Fast continuous shooting
Shoot at up to 6 fps in DX format, and at up to 7 fps in 1.3x crop. The camera’s large buffer means you can capture up to 27 12-bit RAW images and up to 100 high-quality JPEGs in one high-speed burst.
Unlimited continuous shooting
Produce spectacular light-trail photography. Shoot in continuous release mode with a shutter speed of 4 seconds or slower, and you can record as many images as your media cards and battery life allow.
Shoot time-lapse sequences with smooth exposure transitions. Use the camera’s time-lapse photography mode to save images as movie files and view slow action in fast playback.
- Rich 24.2-megapixel detail: achieve a new level of image quality. Specifically designed without an optical low-pass filter (OLPF), the D7200’s DX-format image sensor makes the most of its 24.2-megapixel resolution to sharply capture images with wide dynamic range, low noise, and rich colour gradation.
- EXPEED 4: Boosts the camera’s overall performance for extraordinary results. Enables superb image rendering and ISO performance, and allows high frame rates when shooting movies.
- Multi-CAM 3500 II 51-point AF: with an autofocus system inherited from Nikon’s professional cameras, the D7200 offers phenomenal precision. The system is sensitive down to -3 EV (ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F), so you can shoot sharp, even in the dark. Fifteen cross-type sensors in the centre deliver superior subject acquisition. One centre point is f/8 compatible, enabling more lens/teleconverter combinations.
- 1.3x crop: gain extra reach, speed, and wider AF coverage. Crop mode extends the reach of DX lenses by 1.3x, almost doubles the telephoto effect of FX lenses, and lets you shoot at up to 7 fps. This mode also enables the AF system’s 51 focus points to cover the entire frame.
- Picture Control 2.0: take complete control over sharpening, contrast, brightness, hue, and saturation when shooting stills and video. Ease postproduction with Flat setting for maximum dynamic range; achieve crisp detail with the Clarity setting. Settings can be visually adjusted as you shoot, and you can streamline the shooting process by saving different options for movies and stills in a dedicated menu.
- Multi-area D-Movie: shoot broadcast-quality video with markedly reduced noise in multiple frame formats. Record DX-format Full HD movies at up to 25p/30p, or switch to 1.3x crop mode for extra telephoto reach and record at up to 1080/50p/60p. The camera offers clean HDMI out, plus simultaneous capture of full-resolution footage in-camera and on an external recorder.
- Moviemaking freedom: an array of settings let you take complete control over footage. Transition smoothly between dark and bright areas with Auto ISO control in M mode. Shoot in Zebra mode to see exactly where highlights are blown on the camera monitor. Apply Flat Picture Control for easier colour grading in post. A dedicated movie menu lets you store all movie settings in one place.
- High-fidelity audio: record movies that sound the way you want with the D7200’s superior options for audio control. You can select the sound range (wide/voice), and wind noise can be reduced when recording with the built-in microphone. For maximum freedom to record sound direct from the source, the Nikon ME-W1 wireless microphone records high-quality audio from up to 50 m away.
- Bright viewfinder: offers approx. 100% frame coverage and exceptional visibility outdoors, even with harsh backlit situations. Boasts an organic EL display element for a bright, high-contrast information display with low power consumption.
- Colour-tune monitor: push the colour balance and brightness of the screen in any direction to suit your personal preference. The anti-reflective 8.0-cm (3.2-in.), 1229k-dot RGBW LCD screen enables easy operation under all conditions.
- Tough and durable: Built to withstand diverse conditions, the D7200’s body is dust, weather, and drop resistant. Magnesium alloy top and rear covers enhance durability, and the shutter unit is tested to 150,000 releases.
- NIKKOR lenses: the D7200 is compatible with the Nikon’s full range of DX-format lenses and a wide range of FX lenses. With their exceptionally high resolving power, NIKKOR lenses deliver exceptional results, and the compact size of DX-format lenses is a real advantage when you want to travel light or shoot telephoto. Shoot in 1.3x crop mode and you can extend the telephoto reach of a lens like the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–300mm f/3.5–6.3G to 390 mm, equivalent.
- Built-in flash: with intelligent i-TTL flash control and a commander function that lets you wirelessly trigger and control up to two groups of remote Nikon Speedlights from the camera.
- Creative Lighting System: use the D7200 with a range of versatile Speedlights for creative flash photography on- or off-camera. Nikon’s industry-leading Creative Lighting System includes fast high-end flashes like the SB-700 as well as flash units like the SB-500, which boasts an onboard high-intensity LED light that’s ideal for movie recording.
- Remote operation: dedicated accessories give you multiple options for wireless control and image transmission. Release the camera remotely via a smart device using the camera’s built-in Wi-Fi and the dedicated WMU app.¹ To take further control over wireless shooting, use the WR-R10 Wireless Transceiver and the WR-T10 Wireless Transmitter, or control your camera settings with the WR-1 Wireless Remote Controller. To connect to Ethernet and wireless LAN, use the optional UT-1 Data Transmitter together with the WT-5 Wireless Transmitter.
- NFC support: easily transfer images to an NFC compatible smart device. Simply touch the D7200 with a smart device and you can transfer the image that’s showing on the camera’s LCD screen.
- Energy saving design: shoot for longer on one charge. Capture up to 1,110 still images and up to 80 minutes of movie footage on a single charge of the ultra-compact and lightweight lithium-ion rechargeable EN-EL15 battery.
- Storage media: two SD card slots enable a smooth shooting experience. Both card slots are compatible with high-capacity SDXC and UHS-I cards.
Nikon 18-105mm f3.5-5.6G ED AF-s DX VR
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 27-157.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element, One ED Element
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Outstanding sharpness in a 5.8x telephoto zoom
A great choice when you want a little more telephoto reach, the powerful AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR offers an approximate 5.8x zoom, making it possible to shoot most subjects with just one lens. Vibration Reduction (VR II) helps you achieve steadier shots during low-light, handheld and telephoto shooting, and advanced Nikon technologies ensure stunning images and videos every time.
5.8x wide-angle to telephoto zoom
The compact, versatile AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is ideal for a broad range of shooting situations, from interiors and landscapes to beautiful portraits and intense action photography and videography. An ideal everyday zoom, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is optimized for use with Nikon’s DX-format D-SLRs. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.5 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture.
Nikon technology for high-performance
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR features some of Nikon’s most advanced lens technologies to ensure the highest quality of images and videos. Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances contrast and colour quality while reducing flare and ghosting. An Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration for superior optical performance. Aspherical lens elements reduce distortion, even at the widest aperture settings. And Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor enables fast, ultra-quiet and precise focusing.
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass
An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.