A Blinding (no pun intended), little flash
- Portable flash unit: The ideal piece of kit to have at hand when you need more light, or want to add a creative touch to your images. i-TTL compatible.
- Compatible with Nikon D-SLRs and COOLPIX cameras equipped with an accessory shoe.
- Versatile coverage: A guide number of 18/59 (m/ft at ISO 100) lets you illuminate distant subjects even in low-light conditions.
- Direct the light: The flash head tilts up to 120°, giving you the freedom to angle the light just the way you want. Get creative with shots by ‘bouncing’ the flash off the ceiling or walls.
- Easy operation: Simple to operate, the unit attaches directly to the camera’s accessory shoe.
- Thermal cut out function: Prevents damage to the flash due to overheating during high-intensity firing.
- AAA-size batteries: Powered by two AAA-size batteries, which are readily available across the world.
- Firmware is updatable via the camera body.
Versatile, easy-to-use Speedlight, compatible with Nikon D-SLRs and COOLPIX cameras equipped with an accessory shoe. Ideal for novice photographers, this compact and lightweight external flash unit is a handy way to control the quality and direction of light for creative, beautifully lit images.
The unit attaches easily to the camera's accessory shoe and can be tilted up to 120°. Diffuse or soften light by 'bouncing' the flash off the ceiling. Use it to add impact to daylight images, enhance twilight shots or expose subject detail even in tough backlit situations.
Photography is the art of creating images with light, and the SB-300 offers an easy and affordable way to explore the impact an external flash can have on the quality of images. With a guide number of 18/59 (m/ft at ISO 100), you can illuminate distant subjects even in low-light conditions, use it as a fill flash to highlight subtle subject details and soften shadow areas created by ambient lighting, or to compensate for strong backlight.
The flash head can be tilted up to 120°, giving you more flexibility when shooting a variety of scenes. Avoid flat images by ‘bouncing’ the flash off the ceiling or walls, or angle the head in order to depict your subject with a softer, more natural look and create beautiful indoor portraits. Support for Nikon's i-TTL flash control enables optimum automatic flash balance, and D-SLR users can easily set slow sync, red-eye reduction and other flash modes from the camera body for natural-looking lighting.
Delivering significant lighting power in a small package, the SB-300 is the perfect travel companion. Shooting with the flash is easy—simply attach it directly to the camera’s accessory shoe and turn it on. There’s no need to try and understand unfamiliar menus. Powered by two AAA-size batteries, which are readily available across the world, the SB-300 ensures that users can enjoy flash photography wherever they go.
* Figures are for fresh batteries; actual results may vary with performance and other factors even among batteries of identical ages and makes.
** Time between flash firing at full power and flash-ready light illuminating when flash is fired once every 30 s.
*** Number of times flash can be fired at full power with flash-ready light illuminating within 30 s.
**** Firmware can be updated from camera. Specifications subject to change without notice. Nikon will not be held liable for damages that may result from any mistakes that this manual may contain. Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a unit with fresh batteries operating at the temperature specified by the Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA): 23 ±3°C (73.4 ±5.4°F).