‘RENEWED' is just a generic term used to describe something that can’t quite be sold as brand new. In most cases it’s just an item that has been returned after a change of mind, maybe after stern words from their better half when they got home. Usually the only sign is a slightly marked box.
They may have a small fault that is then rectified. Whatever the reason, these items are then individually checked to a standard that is actually higher than new, supplied with all original accessories and guaranteed. They’re really just like a new one about 5 minutes after you’ve bought it – just like when you buy a car with delivery mileage! But, for the lucky buyers it means BIG SAVINGS!
- 14.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 2 Image Processor
- 3.0" 230k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 24 fps
- 11-Point Autofocus System
- ISO 100-3200 (Expandable to ISO 12800)
- 3 fps Continuous Shooting Rate
- Scene Recognition System
- Active D-Lighting & Scene Auto Selector
Pure and simple D-SLR for the family
The Nikon D3100 is designed for newcomers to D-SLR photography, especially young families who want to take beautiful pictures without worrying about complicated functionality. A range of automatic settings means the camera is doing all the hard work much like on a compact camera: Live View with Scene Auto Selector selects the mode that matches your shooting situation; Scene Recognition delivers sharply defined images by analyzing the scene and optimizing the camera settings immediately before the shutter is released; and Guide Mode will take you step-by-step through the process of how to get the picture you want.
The 11-point autofocus system will make sure everything is in focus and ensures razor-sharp images to capture even the most fleeting of expressions or movements. Additionally, the bright viewfinder means you can see and focus precisely on the image you want to capture, quickly and easily. Scene Auto Selector will select the best mode for the scene and subject you want to capture, and Fulltime servo AF (AF-F) mode keeps subjects in focus without the need to press the shutter release button.
Stunning pictures in every situation
The 14.2 megapixel CMOS image sensor, new powerful EXPEED 2 processing engine and a wide range of NIKKOR lenses deliver excellent pictures with amazing detail wherever you are and whatever you are doing. It has ISO 100-3200 sensitivity, with the versatility of effectively boosting ISO up to 12800. This significantly reduces the risk of blurred images when taking pictures of the most energetic children or an evening barbeque with all the family.
Full HD movies for all the family
Using the easy-access movie record button you can instantly switch to video mode on the Nikon D3100, and the D-Movie function allows you to record stunning HD movie clips with sound. The camera’s large image sensor and high ISO sensitivity offers exceptional image quality, and the wide variety of NIKKOR lenses can be used to create cinematic effects. You can also make simple edits of your clips in-camera by deleting scenes or save specific frames as still images – nothing will be missed for the family photo album.
- 14.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor delivers lifelike images with vivid reduced noise and smooth tonal gradations.
- EXPEED 2 image processing engine provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- High ISO (100-3200) light sensitivity - extendable up to 12800: features an Auto ISO setting and is manually extendable up to ISO 12800 using the Hi2 setting. Enables faster shutter speeds, significantly reducing the risk of blurred images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light.
- GUIDE mode: quick and easy-to-use in-camera assistance. Asks you about the picture you want to take and automatically optimizes settings for superior results. Sample images appear on the display to show you what will happen to your image if you apply the suggested settings.
- D-Movie – full HD (1920 x 1080) movie clips: record beautiful high-definition (HD) movie clips with sound. The camera’s large image sensor and high ISO sensitivity offer exceptional image quality. NIKKOR lenses can be used to obtain cinematic effects and you can make simple edits of your clips in-camera by deleting scenes or saving specific frames as still images.
- Live View with Scene Auto Selector: makes it easy to compose images using the LCD monitor. Scene Auto Selector will select the best mode for the scene and subject you want to capture, and Fulltime servo AF (AF-F) mode keeps subjects in focus without the need to press the shutter release button.
- Large 7.5 cm (3-inch), high-resolution LCD monitor makes it easy to view essential camera information, and a pleasure to review and edit your photos and movies.
- Razor-sharp 11-point Autofocus system offers fast and precise autofocus coverage across the frame. Four AF-area modes, including 3D-tracking AF, deliver sharp results, whether your subject is off-center, moving fast or completely unpredictable.
- Active D-Lighting automatically retains details in highlights and shadows for stunning images with natural contrast.
- Picture Controls lets you set the look and mood of your images before you shoot. Choose from six settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Monochrome, Portrait and Landscape.
- Extensive in-camera editing functions let you edit and enhance images and movies in the camera. Offers techniques such as Red-Eye Correction and Quick Retouch, as well as a range of Filter Effects.