A high-grade, heavy-duty action camera with a 204°ultra-wide-angle lens
- High-resolution 4K/30p movie, 100Mbps high bit rate, Movie Shake Reduction
- 204° Ultra-wide lens, F2.0 Bright lens, A wide ISO-sensitivity range
- Built-in 1.5’’ LCD screen, LCD orientation function
- Time lapse, Hi-speed movie, 8 fps Burst Shooting, Effect modes
- Optimum white balance in underwater shooting, Wind suppression mode
- Built-in Wi-Fi for camera control, transfer and viewing of the photos from your smartphone or tablet
- Vibration function informing the movie recording
- Cold-resistant up to -10˚C, Shock-resistant from a 2m fall
- 20m underwater performance (up to 2 hours)
- Compact and light weight body
Spectacular 4K resolution, with four times more pixels than the Full HD format
The RICOH WG-M2’s 4K format assures astonishingly high-resolution movies at 3840 x 2160 pixels — twice more pixels horizontally and vertically than the Full HD format (1920 x 1080 pixels). It faithfully records breathtaking beauty and thrilling experiences in spectacular, vibrant movies. The WG-M2 also offers Full HD 60p and HD 120p movie formats, allowing you to effortlessly capture beautiful, flawless movies of fast-action sports and lively pets.
High-quality movie recording at the astonishingly high bit rate of 100Mbps*
The WG-M2 records movies at the amazingly high rate of approximately 100 megabits per second. Recording movies at this average bit rate of approximately 100Mbps provides more image data to each frame, allowing you to produce beautiful, exciting and lively works of art.
* When the camera is set in 4K and S-Fine modes, and a micro SDXC (UHS-I Speed Class 3) memory card is used.
Heavy-duty body for underwater shooting without a housing
Despite its compact design, the WG-M2 is shockproof against a fall from two meters, freeze-proof against temperatures down to -10°C, and waterproof to a depth of 20 meters* without a housing. It also provides simplified operation and the recording of crystal-clear stereo sound.
*The underwater lens protector (included) must be mounted on the WG-M2 for underwater shooting.
- Waterproof performance equivalent to IPX8 or JIS Class 8; Dustproof performance equivalent to IP6X or JIS Class 6; Shockproof performance measured under RICOH IMAGING-original testing standards (from a height of two meters, onto a surface of 5cm-thick plywood), conforming to Method 516.5-Shock of the MIL-Standard 810F.
- Regarding the freeze-proof performance, the number of recordable movie files/still images may decrease as the temperature at a shooting location goes down.
1.5-inch LCD monitor
For effortless framing and on-the-spot confirmation of recorded movies. User-friendly interface for speedy setting of desired modes.
Vibration function to prevent unfortunate recording errors
The WG-M2 signals the start and end of movie recording by camera body vibrations, eliminating the worry of missed recording opportunities.
Movie SR function for blur-free recording of active scenes
The WG-M2’s Movie SR (Shake Reduction) function* minimizes camera shake when recording a movie on the move. It allows you to capture sharp, blur-free movies even under demanding, blur-prone conditions.
*This function is available only when the Narrow mode is selected during movie recording.
Thanks to its heavy-duty, housing-free design and wind suppression mode, the WG-M2 records crystal-clear sound even outdoors. It also records stereo sound to recreate the true-to-life ambience of memorable scenes.
Advanced metering system for unfailing image exposure
The WG-M2 provides the choice of metering systems: multi-segment or spot. When spot metering is selected, the camera’s AE (Auto Exposure) system is locked at the start of a shooting session to stabilize the exposure level throughout the recording, regardless of the fluctuations in the illumination level of surrounding areas.
Image Effect modes to add an artistic finish to your movies
The WG-M2 provides a range of creative Image Effect modes, such as Monochrome, Shading, Bleach Bypass, Bold Monochrome, and High Contrast.* Apply the desired visual effect to movie recording for greater flexibility of creative expression.
*Available Image Effect modes may vary according to the selected movie recording mode