Broadcast-Grade Stereo on-camera Mic
- Acoustically matched true condenser capsules
- Rycote® Lyre onboard shock mounting
- Balanced professional XLR output
- Heavy-duty, lightweight aluminium construction
- High Pass Filter
- 9V or Phantom Power (P48 - via miniXLR)
- Level adjustment
- High Frequency Boost
- Includes SC2 TRS cable, pop shield and wind shield
The Stereo VideoMic X is the ultimate broadcast-grade stereo microphone for on-camera use. Utilising all-metal construction, it is incredibly robust making it ideal for regular professional use, while also providing high levels of resistance to RF interference.
The mic features a matched pair of ½” true-condenser capsules, configured in a stacked X-Y configuration, providing a highly-immersive soundscape. Each capsule is supported by the Rycote® Lyre® shock-mounting system, providing isolation from vibration as well as knocks and bumps.
Digital switching on the rear of the SVMX allows the user to control the level adjustment (-10dB or +20dB), high-pass filter (0/75/150Hz) and an innovative high-frequency boost (+6dB @ XHz) designed to boost the intelligibility of dialogue.
Its body is constructed from aluminium, ensuring an extremely high level of RF rejection, while remaining lightweight (300gm/10½oz). Critical body components such as the capsule and shoe mounts are precision machined to ensure the tightest possible tolerances, thereby minimising any acoustic resonance.
In addition to 3.5mm stereo output (via the included RØDE SC2 cable) the SVMX has the option of outputting a balanced signal via mini XLR, which can be used simultaneously. This gives the user a broadcast-grade output for professional camera systems and audio recorders.
The rear panel of the microphone features a range of adjustments to maximise the SVMX’s performance in almost any situation, including a three-stage high pass filter (0/75/150Hz), a three-stage level control (-10/0/+20dB) and an innovative frequency boost which is designed to help pick out high frequency detail, such as voices, in a recording environment. The boost will also combat any high frequency loss experienced with the use of wind protection. For the first time on any RØDE microphone these settings are accessed via press-button digital switching, which minimises the chance of settings being changed accidentally. For added convenience the SVMX will retain your settings when the microphone is powered off.
The microphone can be powered by either an internal 9V battery or by the P48 phantom power standard via XLR.
In a first for the VideoMic range, professional-grade balanced outputs are available on the side of the body, in addition to the RF shielded 3.5mm stereo output cable. An outer dome structure provides physical protection for the sensitive capsules, while reducing wind noise in the same manner as RØDE’s RedDot-winning Blimp.
- Acoustic Principle - Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics - JFET impedance converter
- Capsule - 0.50"
- Polar Pattern - Cardioid
- Address Type - End
- Frequency Range - 40Hz - 20kHz (selected HPF @ 0, 75Hz, 150Hz)
- Output Impedance - 200Ω
- Maximum SPL - 143dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 12dB-A
- Power Options: 9V Battery+48V phantom power
- Weight: 300gm
- Dimensions: 102mmH x 118mmW x 100mmD
- Output: Minijack Output/TRRS Output