Compact and versatile large aperture, fixed focal length lens
- E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Multi-purpose lens with fast F1.8 aperture
- Lightweight and compact at around 45mm long
- Refined optical performance for crisp, clean results
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation
- Operation is smooth, silent and unobtrusive
Compact and versatile
An ideal second lens, the SEL35F18 prime lens can handle anything from evening shots (thanks to the bright maximum aperture) to beautifully defocused portraits.
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation within the lens ensures smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
Refined optical performance
Aspherical lens elements minimise distortion while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior contrast, resolution, and colour fidelity.
Fast, agile focusing
An internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
- A versatile, multi-purpose lens - with a focal length of 52.5mm (35mm equivalency) and F1.8 aperture, it’s good for snapshots, portraits, night shots and more
- Compact and easy to carry - lightweight and only around 45mm long, it’s an ideal second lens for when you’re out and about
- Crisper, cleaner results - new optical design reduces spherical aberration and improves contrast even out on the periphery for crisp, sharp image detail
- Built-in image stabilisation - Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation and a large F1.8 aperture enhance handheld shooting in fading light or dimly lit interiors
- Smooth, silent operation - both the motor controlling focus and the one that controls aperture are quiet, smooth and unobtrusive, ideal for shooting video
- Fine tune your focus - if AF (Auto Focus) can’t lock on or focuses on the wrong subject, step in and take total control with DMF (Direct Manual Focus)
- Smooth things out with ED glass - Extra-Low Dispersion glass and two aspherical lens elements minimise distortion and improve image quality
- Discover beauty in the blur - the circular aperture, a hallmark of E-mount lenses, lets you capture beautiful foreground and background blur effects
- Built to last and a joy to use - with a tactile aluminium alloy finish, the lens combines outstanding quality with easy operability
Our experts recommend these great additions for your product