- Used to lower shutter speeds to produce a smooth softening effect to objects and matter in motion, such as water, tall grass, cars, clouds, etc.
- Reduces the amount of light passing through camera lens in the visual spectrum.
- Allows IR light waves to pass through onto the cameras sensor
- Especially useful in bright light conditions to help prevent overexposure; balances exposure
- Eliminates overly bright, washed out images
The Tiffen AXENT filter is designed for full frame DSLR cameras when used primarily in B&W mode. It can also be used on FUJI’s X-Trans APS-C cameras (with interchangeable lenses) to obtain a highly stylized IR colour effect when combined with lenses approved for IR photography. Designed to take extreme long exposure photographs in a manual set up, the AXENT filter will allow you to blur the movement in your image.
The intensity of this effect is achieved by manually setting up your camera and is a combination of aperture, shutter and ISO settings. When your DSLR is set in colour mode, the filter will allow through some IR light waves. The effect of IR absorption onto your sensor will depend on the lighting conditions and will gently to radically affect your image colour.
On DSLR cameras you may require fine tuning of your colour balance, or re-adjusting in post software. An extreme colour cast similar to IR colour photography can also be achieved on FUJI X-Trans APS-C sensor cameras. This can also be heightened by retuning the colour balance.