What is the condition like of this used item?
The condition of this item has been described as:
- Slight signs of use
- Full working order
- No obvious cosmetic marks
- No dust or fungus
- No additional markings & odour free
- Smooth zoom/focus movement (Lenses only)
- Digital cameras with shutter count typically below 10,000
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/40
- Fluorite and Super UD Elements
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Floating Elements System, Full-Time MF
- Adjustable Zoom Ring Lock
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- 8-Blade Diaphragm
Spanning a versatile range of long focal lengths, the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens is a telephoto zoom and member of Canon's elite L-series of optics. One fluorite element and one Super UD element are featured, along with four aspherical elements, to produce well-corrected imagery without chromatic or spherical aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
A floating elements system is also used to maintain image quality throughout both the focusing and zoom ranges. Complementing the imaging attributes, this 100-400mm also features an Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake by two stops for sharper handheld shooting. The ring-type USM is employed, too, to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. Additionally, a removable rotating tripod collar is included for stable use of the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Telephoto zoom 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 lens is compatible with full-frame EOS DSLRs, as well as APS-C sized sensors where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 160-640mm.
- One fluorite element and one Super UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) element help to correct chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements help to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and definition.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent image quality throughout the zoom range, at each focal length, and throughout the focusing range, from 5.9' to infinity.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to two shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that it optimized for continuous shooting applications.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with a rear focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Adjustable zoom ring design allows you to lock the zoom position at any focal length.
- Eight diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
If you would prefer a more detailed description, please feel free to call us and we’ll chat through it with you over the phone. Don’t forget to call the correct location though!
Your Peace of Mind when buying a used item from us.
6 Month Guarantee on all items over £50
When you buy a used item from us over £50 in value it will be covered by our 6-month guarantee. In the unlikely event of the product developing a manufacturers fault within this period, just pop it back to us and if we can’t repair it for you, we’ll issue you a full refund providing it’s not covered in sand or ice cream.
Rest assured that all of our items have been lovingly checked and cleaned. In some cases, we even send them for service before sale.