Bringing together the very best of their EOS 5D-Range and added 4K Movie capture along with so much more, this is an ideal camera for both photographers and videographers alike
- 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance — up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
- 1x CompactFlash Type I (UDMA 7 compatible) Slot (Incompatible with Type II and Microdrive) & 1x SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I) Slot
Building on this legendary legacy, the EOS 5D Mark IV propels the series forward with a fusion of features and enhancements targeted to please even the most discerning creative eyes. The camera’s 30.4 megapixel 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor offers stunning image quality while the DIGIC 6+ Image Processor delivers 4K 30P video and up to and seven frames per second (fps) continuous shooting. To make video shooting even easier, the camera also features Canon’s propriety Dual Pixel CMOS AF, even when shooting 4K to help ensure sharp focus and subject tracking.
Following the groundbreaking video recording capabilities introduced in the EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III, the EOS 5D Mark IV takes the next leap forward offering DCI 4K video recording. Adding to the versatility of capturing 4K video, is Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF. This proven autofocus system allows for continuous focus tracking of subjects, and can be customized by the user for optimal performance. Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology not only enhances 4K video recording, but also helps create crisp focus for 4K Frame Grab extraction of 8.8 megapixel still JPEG images, all done in camera.
This is especially valuable to wildlife photographers and photojournalists who need to track their locations, as well as providing sports and wedding photographers the ability to sync a multiple-camera setup with extreme accuracy and precision. The camera’s built-in GPS can also be used to sync the camera’s time to the atomic clock, an invaluable feature when multiple photographers are covering the same event.
The devil’s in the detail
The EOS 5D Mark IV features Canon’s brand new full frame 30.4 megapixel CMOS sensor, delivering images that are packed with detail, even in the brightest highlights and darkest shadows. With an ISO range of 100 to 32000, expandable from 50 up to 102400, images can be captured in an array of lighting environments. The enhanced noise processing algorithm further improves low light shooting, ideal for photojournalists who need to capture breaking stories no matter what lighting conditions they face.
Tracking faces and colour of fast moving subjects is easy with the EOS 5D Mark IV’s 61-point wide area reticular AF system. The 61-points / 41 cross-type AF points cover an expanded sensor area and provide the ability to focus even under moonlight at EV -3 in viewfinder shooting mode, or EV -4 in Live View mode.
The EOS 5D Mark IV enables you to use extenders with all telephoto lenses for f/8 AF with all 61 points, including 21 cross type for even greater precision. The high resolution 3.2-inch LCD with full touch panel operation across all menus is combined with a new AF ‘Area Selection’ button providing quick AF point selection. Additionally, the camera features an advanced 150K RGB+IR metering sensor with a dedicated DIGIC 6 processor for accurate exposures and precise subject detection and tracking.
A need for speed
Designed to respond in an instant and never miss a shot, the EOS 5D Mark IV’s high-speed readout technologies and DIGIC 6+ processor mean you can shoot at 7 fps at full resolution, with full AF / AE tracking. Capturing up to 21 RAW images or unlimited JPEGs in a single burst, you’ll always be ready for the next frame. For when discretion is needed - such as capturing breaking news or animals in their natural habitat - the camera features ‘Silent Single’ and ‘Silent Continuous’ modes, offering shooting with minimal noise.
Take the jump to 4K movie-making
With the EOS 5D Mark IV, 4K movie-making is open to anyone who wants to use the power of video to tell the bigger picture. A truly versatile camera, it features DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 30/25/24 fps shooting and provides the ability to extract 8.8MP JPEG images from 4K videos, making it a great companion for those wanting to easily switch from video to stills.
Delivering quality footage has never been more important with streaming services increasingly demanding content be shot using the latest technology in the field. The EOS 5D Mark IV brings this advancement in the form of a video DSLR with internal 4K, 120p HD, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, time lapse movie and new HDR movie mode.
Enhanced operability and connectivity
Packed with a range of new and refined features requested by Canon’s professional community, the EOS 5D Mark IV provides unrivalled flexibility in connectivity. Built-in Wi-Fi enables remote operation and secure file transfer (FTPS/FTP) via smart devices using the Canon Camera Connect app, and NFC provides instant connections between compatible devices.
GPS geotags each image in the EXIF data with automatic time updates helping to manage images and, for the first time, IPTC metadata, such as details of a shoot, is automatically embedded.
Enhanced water and dust resistance makes the camera ideal for travel photographers or photojournalists working in challenging terrain.
If you would prefer a more detailed description, please feel free to call us and we’ll chat through it with you over the phone. Don’t forget to call the correct location though!
Your Peace of Mind when buying a used item from us.
6 Month Guarantee on all items over £50
When you buy a used item from us over £50 in value it will be covered by our 6-month guarantee. In the unlikely event of the product developing a manufacturers fault within this period, just pop it back to us and if we can’t repair it for you, we’ll issue you a full refund providing it’s not covered in sand or ice cream.
Rest assured that all of our items have been lovingly checked and cleaned. In some cases, we even send them for service before sale.