What is the condition like of this used item?
The condition of this item has been described as:
- Some signs of use
- Full working order
- Some cosmetic marks but no dents or scores
- No dust or fungus
- Odour free
The Canon AF35M, by Canon Japan or the Sure Shot by Canon USA, was Canon Inc.'s first autofocus 35mm lens-shutter compact camera. It was launched in November 1979 and received the Japanese Ministry of International Trade and Industry's 1980 Good Design Award in September 1980. It proved successful among similar cameras from the competition and sold well; production reached 110,000 per month by the second half of 1981. It was partly supplanted by 1981's higher-specified AF35ML and wholly replaced by 1983's AF35M II.
The third in Canon's Sure Shot series, released in 1983, this was known as the (New) Sure Shot in the US, AF35M II in Europe, and Autoboy 2 in Japan. Its specifications are very similar to the original Sure Shot (but with a 4-element, 4-group lens this time) but can be identified by the sloped edge near the shutter release button.
- Lens: 38mm f/2.8 (4 elements in 4 groups).
- Triangulation system autofocus with pre-focus lock.
- Electromagnetic programmed shutter. EV 6 (f/2.8 at 1/8s) - 17 (f/16 at 1/500s)
- Reversed Galilean viewfinder with projected frames, zone focusing marks for near, medium, and far distances, parallax correction marks, battery check and LED warnings.
- Film speed settings of ISO 25-400 or 50-1000.
- Integral flash (guide No. 13 at ISO 100 in meters).
- Screw-in filter thread.
- Film advance: Auto-loading and winding.
If you would prefer a more detailed description, please feel free to call us and we’ll chat through it with you over the phone. Don’t forget to call the correct location though!
Your Peace of Mind when buying a used item from us.
6 Month Guarantee on all items over £50
When you buy a used item from us over £50 in value it will be covered by our 6-month guarantee. In the unlikely event of the product developing a manufacturers fault within this period, just pop it back to us and if we can’t repair it for you, we’ll issue you a full refund providing it’s not covered in sand or ice cream.
Rest assured that all of our items have been lovingly checked and cleaned. In some cases, we even send them for service before sale.