What is the condition like of this used item?
The condition of this item has been described as:
- Some signs of use
- Full working order
- Some cosmetic marks but no dents or scores
- No dust or fungus
- Odour free
- Film cameras - Light meter checked and operational
- Film cameras - Light traps checked and passed test
- Film cameras - Wind on mechanisms tested and operational
- Film cameras - Shutter speeds fully operational
- Film cameras - New batteries fitted
The 645 Pro TL was introduced in June 1997. The most important difference in the features of the Pro and Super is that the Pro does not have a mechanically-timed shutter speed, so the camera cannot be used at all with an exhausted battery. A number of other features are mentioned in the manual for the Pro which are not in that for the Super:
- When the shutter dial is set to 'B', and the self-timer is used, the result is a 'T' exposure (where the shutter button or cable release must be pressed a second time to close the shutter).
- Using the in-lens shutter of one of the three leaf-shutter lenses automatically sets the camera's focal-plane shutter to 1/8 second.
- When used with any of the leaf shutter lenses, the power winder cocks the lens' shutter as well as the camera's.
- The manual also mentions improvements to the film advance gearing over that on the Super.
Otherwise the same features as in the Super are only slightly differently arranged in the Pro. For example, the battery check lamp is at the top of the camera body, and the button to release the shutter speed dial from its AE position is in the centre of the dial, not beside it as in the Super.
The TL refers to through-the-lens, off-the-film (TTL/OTF) flash metering, which is possible with a small range of Metz flash equipment (the SCA accessory flash adapter is necessary to communicate appropriately with the flash for this function). There are indicators showing (i) when the flash is charged, and (ii) the status of the dark slide (the Super and Pro simply do not release the shutter, with no other indication, when the dark slide is inserted). Otherwise, the differences between the Pro and Pro TL are trivial.
If you would prefer a more detailed description, please feel free to call us and we’ll chat through it with you over the phone. Don’t forget to call the correct location though!
Your Peace of Mind when buying a used item from us.
6 Month Guarantee on all items over £50
When you buy a used item from us over £50 in value it will be covered by our 6-month guarantee. In the unlikely event of the product developing a manufacturers fault within this period, just pop it back to us and if we can’t repair it for you, we’ll issue you a full refund providing it’s not covered in sand or ice cream.
Rest assured that all of our items have been lovingly checked and cleaned. In some cases, we even send them for service before sale.