What is the condition like of this used item?
The condition of this item has been described as:
- Slight signs of use
- Full working order
- No obvious cosmetic marks
- No dust or fungus
- No additional markings & odour free
- Cross-ranged, five-area autofocus system
- Choice of 1) Dynamic AF, 2) Closest-subject-priority Dynamic AF and 3) Single Area AF
- Focus Tracking with Lock-On™
- Vari-Brite Focus Area display provides at-a-glance AF-area confirmation
- Built-in AF-Assist Illuminator
- 3D Matrix Metering (with D-/G-type Nikkor lens)
- Centre-Weighted Metering and Spot Metering
- Four exposure modes ([P], [S], [A], [M])
- Built-in Speedlight: guide number 12/39 (ISO 100, m/ft.); 28mm lens coverage
- 3D Multi-Sensor Balanced Fill-Flash capability
The F80 was introduced on January 27, 2000 to the worldwide consumer market. It was the successor to the F70 and was based on the highly successful F100 with the notable lack of the weatherproofing and ruggedness that characterizes that camera.
The F80 keeps with the traditional look of Nikon camera bodies, with a black plastic exterior, white Nikon lettering on the prism with a red rubber insert on the inside of the camera's grip.
The F80 accepts all F-mount Nikkor lenses with the exception of many pre AI, and all IX, lenses (these cannot be mounted on the F80 without causing damage). Older non-CPU AI and AIS lenses can be mounted on the camera, but exposure must be set manually as the camera will not meter through them at all.
The F80 was the first Nikon camera to feature on-demand grid lines.
The F80 was chosen by Nikon to be the basis for the popular Nikon D100 digital SLR. The chassis was also used by Fujifilm as the basis for the FinePix S2 Pro and S3 Pro, and by Eastman Kodak for the Kodak DCS Pro 14n and DCS Pro SLR/n.
The F80 is compatible with Nikon F mount lenses, the preferred lenses include AF, AF-D, and AF-S lenses, all functions of the camera and program modes P, S, A, M will operate with these lenses. VR enabled lenses will work as well. AI, AI-S as well as converted AI lenses if able to mount will work but without a light meter function or aperture info.
If you would prefer a more detailed description, please feel free to call us and we’ll chat through it with you over the phone. Don’t forget to call the correct location though!
Your Peace of Mind when buying a used item from us.
6 Month Guarantee on all items over £50
When you buy a used item from us over £50 in value it will be covered by our 6-month guarantee. In the unlikely event of the product developing a manufacturers fault within this period, just pop it back to us and if we can’t repair it for you, we’ll issue you a full refund providing it’s not covered in sand or ice cream.
Rest assured that all of our items have been lovingly checked and cleaned. In some cases, we even send them for service before sale.