The super wide-angle lens for a new era
Very large field angle and fast autofocus – combined with protection against dust and spray water for reliable photography in all weathers: this is the ideal full-frame lens for landscape, astro and architectural photography.
- Diagonal angular field of 99 degrees, making it ideal for landscape, architectural and astro photography, along with unique interior shots of small spaces.
- Currently the shortest autofocus full-frame lens with fixed focal length on the market.
- Impressive image quality across the entire image field.
- Innovative OLED display to show focus distance and depth of field.
- Optics based on the ZEISS Distagon optical design, featuring 11 lens elements in ten groups.
- The floating elements design allows for consistently high image performance in the focal plane - from the minimum object distance to infinity.
- Creative freedom with the option of manual or autofocus.
- Dust and weather sealed.
The very large field angle of this super wide-angle lens is perfect for creative shots with unusual perspectives. Consistently excellent image quality right into the corners makes the lens perfect for the challenges of, for example, landscape, astro and architectural photography.
The ZEISS Batis autofocus lenses were specially developed for mirrorless full-frame system cameras from Sony. The lenses are fully compatible with all E-mount cameras and offer not only fast, quiet autofocus, but also protection against dust and spray water. For creative photography, the innovative OLED display shows the distance and depth of field to ensure that the focusing range can always be perfectly set. The result: images that will amaze you. The completely new design of the high-speed ZEISS Batis family offers perfect image quality.
Smooth and reliable autofocus
The design of the autofocus system requires an extremely accurate shifting of particular lens groups. The focusing system of ZEISS lenses is designed to ensure a robust and smooth-running autofocus mechanism with the best imaging performance.
Versatile full-frame lens
The powerful lens for the mirrorless full-frame system of Sony fulfils the highest requirements. Despite its compact design, the image meets the expectations of professional photographers.
Excellent resolution and high contrast
Richly saturated and vivid colours are a must in the creation of lasting impressions. However, stray light within an optical system leads to a lightening of the image that is particularly noticeable in the shadows. This reduces image contrast, with the result that exposures lack contrast and appear faded. To avoid this, ZEISS combines various specially developed technologies to reduce the undesirable effects of stray light.
Robust and weatherproof metal construction
Thanks to features that are designed to keep out dust and spray water, the lens is perfectly suited for critical outdoor conditions. It is also designed for many years of intensive use.
Innovative OLED display
For the first time, you can accurately read the focus distance and depth of field simply and intuitively on the OLED display on the lens. Especially in poor light conditions – excellent readability is always guaranteed.