A fast aperture professional telephoto lens with Nikon's latests Vibration Technology and Nano Crystal coatings.
Nikon 200mm f2G ED VR II AF-S NIKKOR Lens
- New Or Secondhand: New
- Lens is suitable for: Nikon APS-C (DX) & Full Frame (FX)
- Fitting: Nikon FX / DX
- Telephoto PRIME
- Filter Size: 52mm (Drop In Only)
- Lens/Image Stabilisation: Yes
Product code: 40543 (018208021888)
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Three ED Element, One Super ED Element
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Detachable, Rotating Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
An update to a legend. Ultra-fast telephoto prime lens with VR II.
Trusted by countless professionals, the ultra-fast AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II prime lens has captured exceptional moments in sports, music, theatre and studio portraiture. Incorporating the superior optical design and features of its predecessor plus Nikon’s second generation Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stabilization system with tripod detection mode, Nano Crystal Coat (N) for minimal ghosting and lens flare and much more, the AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II is the lens of choice for serious photographers who want to produce razor-sharp images under the most demanding conditions.
Ultra-fast f/2 telephoto prime lens
The upgraded AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II produces razor-sharp images under the most demanding conditions including indoor sports, concerts, theatre, wildlife, portraiture and more. Its ultra-fast f/2 maximum aperture renders shallow depth-of-field with beautiful background blur (bokeh) and is ideal for photographers seeking to freeze movement with fast shutter speeds in low lighting conditions.
Built for endurance and high performance
The AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II produces action-freezing, razor-sharp images, even in the most demanding conditions. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.0 stop of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Nano Crystal Coat (N) reduces ghosting and internal lens flare across a wide range of wavelengths for greater image clarity. Enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens ensure a lifetime of consistent performance for even the most demanding shooters.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts “traveling waves” into rotational energy to focus the optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that's extremely accurate and super quiet.
- Vibration Reduction: A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- M/A: Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
- Nano Crystal Coat: An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths.
In this review Gary Wolstenholme takes a look at Nikon's latest 200mm prime. This new 200mm f/2 lens from Nikon costs a fair amount of cash at around £4995. This may seem like a lot, but for that you get a professional spec, weather sealed lens with the latest Vibration Reduction system, Nano...
"Quite expensive but if you have the extra money to spend, this lens is amazing for candids at events and weddings. It delivers sharp and crisp images even in poor lighting situations."
If you are looking for a medium telephoto, very low light, lens, this has to be among the best, if not the best. It's use as an indoor theatrical lens is unparalleled. As you can see from the photo below, the lens's sharpness and contrast, not to mention the background bokeh, are excellent in dark...
This is a truly fantastic optic. Insanely sharp, instant focus, wonderful bokeh. I couldnt give it anything but five stars. You can rest assured that is what you are getting. But heed my warning -- I have walked around with 12 pound cameras (600mm lenses and heavy bodies) all day long, but let me...
One of the best lenses in Nikon's lineup. Sharp wide open, fabulous by 2.8, with an incredibly smooth rendition of out of focus areas. It's one of those very few lenses that "make the picture themselves". The photographer clicks, and customers go "ohhh"...
Epic boceh, epic sharpness, super fast AF. It is my ultimate portrait weapon. Gushing reviews about it should be even more over the top. It is an incredible lens. It makes my other lenses seem much less special...it is that good. It is heavy and fat...blubby. But I have never used a better lens.
May b i m d first person in kerala , this lense is using, m so happy with dis sharpness and quality, loved d bokeh, VR 2 is working well, so i can shoot withut tripod, m using it with nikon d3x, realy enjoying d shooting nw, i ve already 135mm f2, 85 mm 1.4 , 50mm 1.4, 105mm 2.8, 180mm, 70-200 , 2.8...
This is not a lens that is easy to hand hold for any length of time. A good monopod is almost mandatory. I recommend renting one if you can, before you plonk down the considerable amount this lens costs. The slip on Nikon lens cover is awkward; better to buy a Lens Coat "hoodie" or similar.
WOW is all I can say. This lens is AMAZING...I rented this lens several times before making this purchase to make sure it aligned with my style of photography. I knew the first rental that this was going to be in my bag one of these days. My favorite combination was the Nikon D5 and Nikkor 85 1.4.
I'm a very passionate and serious photo enthusiast with a great appreciation for quality and fine engineering. I purchased the 200 f2 VRII about 6 months ago, partially as an additional tool for shooting indoor sports, but I have to admit a lot of it had to do with the tremendous reputation this...
This amazing work of craftsmanship is perfect for portraits, sports, indoor events or whatever you got. Best of all it's hand-holdable! It focuses faster than any lens I've ever used. F/2 makes all things possible and keeps iso down to a minimum. I will take it to my grave.
Buy With Confidence
All our stock is supplied by the official UK importer and comes with full UK guarantee, backed by us.
We are real shops, open 7 days a week, offering independent expert advice and full after sales service.
People who bought this also bought...
Hoya Ultra-Pro UV Filter 52mm
Hoya Ultra-Pro Circular Polarizing Filter 52mm
Zeiss Lens Wipes (Packet of 24)
Hoya NX-10 UV Filter 52mm
Calotherm Optical Wipes (CaloWipe)
Hoya NX-10 Circular Polarizing Filter 52mm
Tenba Tools Soft Lens Pouch 12x5" / 30x13cm
Nikon 200mm f2G ED VR II AF-S NIKKOR Lens
RRP £5,979 SAVE £780.00
No used versions available