Although it seems this lens carries a bit of a premium price, the performance it delivers probably makes it worth it, for those who require it. Sharpness is very good from maximum aperture, and can even be considered as outstanding as the lens is stopped down.
Sony 35mm f1.8 OSS Lens (SEL35F18)
- E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One ED Element & Two Aspherical Elements
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.8"
- Seven-Blade Circular Diaphragm
Compact and versatile
An ideal second lens, the SEL35F18 prime lens can handle anything from evening shots (thanks to the bright maximum aperture) to beautifully defocused portraits.
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation within the lens ensures smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or ‘bokeh’.
Refined optical performance
Aspherical lens elements minimise distortion while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior contrast, resolution, and colour fidelity.
Fast, agile focusing
An internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
- A versatile, multi-purpose lens - with a focal length of 52.5mm (35mm equivalency) and F1.8 aperture, it’s good for snapshots, portraits, night shots and more
- Compact and easy to carry - lightweight and only around 45mm long, it’s an ideal second lens for when you’re out and about
- Crisper, cleaner results - new optical design reduces spherical aberration and improves contrast even out on the periphery for crisp, sharp image detail
- Built-in image stabilisation - Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation and a large F1.8 aperture enhance handheld shooting in fading light or dimly lit interiors
- Smooth, silent operation - both the motor controlling focus and the one that controls aperture are quiet, smooth and unobtrusive, ideal for shooting video
- Fine tune your focus - if AF (Auto Focus) can’t lock on or focuses on the wrong subject, step in and take total control with DMF (Direct Manual Focus)
- Smooth things out with ED glass - Extra-Low Dispersion glass and two aspherical lens elements minimise distortion and improve image quality
- Discover beauty in the blur - the circular aperture, a hallmark of E-mount lenses, lets you capture beautiful foreground and background blur effects
- Built to last and a joy to use - with a tactile aluminium alloy finish, the lens combines outstanding quality with easy operability
Photographer’s with Sony’s e-mount cropped-sensor cameras who want a fast prime lens that covers the ‘standard’ angle of view will find the E35mm f/1.8 OSS lens a worthwhile candidate to consider.
The AF is incredibly fast and totally silent. The colors this lens produces are really second to none and its not bad on price at all. Teh weight is perfect, the lens almos tnever leaves my cameras on wedding days and it rarely puts stress on my shoulders like some of the sigma lenses did.
The Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 is a fast, sharp lens for Sony and Fujifilm mirrorless cameras, but it's more expensive than the competition.
The Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS is certainly one of the more interesting prime lenses in the Sony NEX lineup. Even when ignoring performance aspects, the very high speed in conjunction with the optical image stabilizer (OSS) are exciting value propositions for users who are intending to go beyond...
Handling and features A prime lens with that provides an angle of view equivalent to a 52.5mm lens on a 35mm camera and sports a fast f/1.8 maximum aperture, optical image stabilisation and a lightweight, compact design.
The Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS lens offers a bright aperture and standard angle of view for capturing sharp images with a shallow depth of field.
Only a dabbler in photography but having this 35mm lens on a crop body sensor camera gives me a 1:1 with what I see. I did think of the 50mm Prime but as an indoor / general walk about lens this 35mm is small enough and gives great detail.
Love this lens not tested for weddings due to current conditions but when I have used it it is amazing
My favourite portrait lens. Very sharp and fast, excellent in low light conditions, great results shooting videos.
I wanted a better faster lens for my Sony Nex-6 and this seemed to fit the bill, unfortunately that's the downside, for what it is it's quite expensive. Having said that I am delighted with it. Within the range f2.8 to f11 I find it extremely sharp with very good contrast.
This is a compact and lightweight lens. Great for an everyday lens. Its AF works flawlessly and the lens centre sharpness is amazing even at wide open apertures. Highly recommended.
This is now my favourite lens for my sony nex cameras (both 5n and 7). It is a great low light lens, sharp and quick to focus with lovely smooth bokeh in shallow depth of field shots. It was hard to justify the purchase having already bought the 50mm e-mount offering but I am glad I did.
This is my first prime lens, why oh why didn’t I buy it sooner. Excellent quality lens, Sharp and brilliant Bokeh
This is a perfect combination with my Sony A6000. I take it out when I want to travel light and use out and about -it is more discreet for street photography occasions. The sharpness enables me to capture great portraits and the large aperture gives a great blurry dof effect.
Buy With Confidence
All our stock is supplied by the official UK importer and comes with full UK guarantee, backed by us.
We are real shops, open 7 days a week, offering independent expert advice and full after sales service.
People who bought this also bought...
Hoya Ultra-Pro UV Filter 49mm
Hoya Ultra-Pro Circular Polariser Filter 49mm
Tenba Tools Lens Capsule 9x9cm
Zeiss Lens Wipes (Packet of 24)
Matin Snap On Lens Cap (49mm)
Calotherm Optical Wipes (CaloWipe)
Hoya NX-10 Circular Polarizing Filter 49mm
Tenba Tools Soft Lens Pouch 3.5x3.5" / 9x9cm
Hoya NX-10 UV Filter 49mm
Sony NP-FW50 Battery
Kaiser Lens Brush (6301)
OpTech ENVY Strap
Ansmann Sony NP-FW50 Digital Camera Battery
Sony 35mm f1.8 OSS Lens (SEL35F18)
No used versions available