Thursday 16th February saw the best of the photographic trade come together to celebrate the Amateur Photographer Awards evening, and CameraWorld won the GOOD SERVICE AWARD. This award is voted on by customers, and so it is to you, our customers, that we would like to say a massive...
Also recognised were some of the very best photographic equipment over the past twelve months.
And the winners were...
Product Of The Year
- 24.3 Million Pixels X-Trans CMOS III
- 2.3Million Pixels OLED ViewFinder with 100FPS Refresh
- Quick 4K Movie with Film Simulation Modes
- 4K30fps, Full HD 60FPS
AP Judges said, "...every improvement we've been longing for has been introduced. Overall, this is a dream camera. It is the most appealing model in the series to date and will certainly changed peoples perception of speed associated with mirrorless cameras"
AP Reader Product Of The Year
- 20.9Million Pixels
- 153-Point AD System
- Expeed 5 Processor
- 10Frames Per Second
- 4K / UHD Video Capture
AP Judges said, "…this is the most accomplished cropped sensor camera yet made. The build and handling are exemplary, and I have been hugely impressed by its ability to pull any shot out of the bag acquiring focus quickly and confidently no matter how erratic the moving subject is."
- Outstanding Image Quality
- Newly designed HSM
- 3rd Generation with Improved Optics
- F4 Brightness throughout zoom range
- Dust & Splash Proof Construction
AP Judges said, "DSLR users who’ve been calling out for an affordable full-frame wideangle zoom that’s capable of delivering exceptional results on the highest resolution cameras have finally got what they’ve been asking for. It’s yet another superb addition to Sigma’s ‘Art’ line-up of premium lenses, and they just seem to continue to keep on coming."
Fixed Focal Length Lens Of The Year
- Vibration Compensation
- Sharper Images. Better Bokeh
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Extra Low Dispersion Glass
- Nano-Structured Lens Coating
AP Judges said, "……it didn’t take long for me to be converted from being sceptical – just as long as it took us to see the images on the back of the camera in fact.
Examining the files in more detail only confirmed my initial impression – this lens is really quite special."
- 20.3 Million Pixels Live MOS Sensor with no pass through Filter
- Category-leading 5-axis image stabilisation
- 50-Megapixel High Res Shot & True Pic VII processor
- Collector’s item thanks to iconic design, build quality, high-grade materials and finish
- Electronic viewfinder for rangefinder-style shooting, with preview, focus peaking and magnification on large 2.36 million-dot OLED
AP Judges said, "…there are very few cameras we’ve been reluctant to hand back after a loan period. Quite simply, it’s a beautiful design capable of producing lovely images."
Bridge Camera Of The Year
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-600mm F2.4-4 large-aperture zoom lens
- Approx. 20.1 effective megapixel 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip
- BIONZ X™ engine for superior detail reproduction and noise reduction
- 4K movie recording with full pixel readout/no pixel binning
- Up to 40x super slow motion
AP Judges said, "……the increase in focal range over previous models changes its propositions and makes it a more viable alternative to a DSLR or mirrorless camera. Overall it’s a stellar camera that’s flexible in both stills and video recording."
- 20Million Pixels / 1.0” MOS Sensor
- 10x Leica DC Vario Elmarit Lens (25-250mm 35mm equiv.)
- 4K Functions: 4K Movie & 4K Photo
- Post Focus Contol
- 3.0inch 1,040k dot touch screen
AP Judges said, "Let’s get one thing straight from the start – this is the best pocket travel camera money can buy right now! Its capable of results so far ahead of it’s smaller sensor rivals that it practically renders them obsolete. Literally, nothing else on the market can offer a combination of zoom range, portability and image quality."
- 1740 lumen output with 97 CRI
- 5500K daylight-balanced output
- Removable Li-ion battery
- 60+ minute runtime
- 18-step dimming from 5% to 100%
AP Judges said, "It features intuitive controls that are easy to operate in the dark, daylight balanced light that is wonderfully diffused and sufficient power to illuminate large subjects.
It you’re after the best LED strip light money can buy, look no further."