TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions on CameraWorld website and in our shops. The use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. The placement of an order indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully and print a copy for future reference.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights. We will treat each order for goods as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these terms and conditions.
Availability of Goods
All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If we do not supply the goods for any reason we will not charge you for these and we will refund any money already paid for them. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses you may suffer if we cannot supply the goods due to reasons beyond our control. If we cannot supply the goods due to stock being unavailable, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Description of Goods
All the products we sell are of a technical nature and it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the products. All images, descriptive matter and specifications advertised on our site are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the goods. Full detailed specifications are available from the manufacturer's brochures or their websites.
The intention of Cameraworld is that all information on the website should be as accurate and up to date as possible. However, Cameraworld cannot guarantee the reliability or the accuracy of the information contained within its pages. All the actions taken by the user of the website are the responsibility of the individual.
On occasion, some images will display a title related to it or to a previous promotion. Whilst we try to remove these titles when a promotion changes, errors may appear. All promotions will be explained in the product title and on the description page if there is need to.
On occasion, CameraWorld will send an item without the original manufacturers box. This is due to the item being separated from another item. We will endeavour to advise you before hand, however the item will be supplied with a full manufacturers warranty. If you are unhappy with this, upon receipt of the product, please return it to CameraWorld at your cost. The return will not affect your rights.
If our suppliers or we are temporarily out of stock, we will notify you of this position and you should allow up to 14 days for dispatch of the goods. For delays of more than 14 days, you will have the right to cancel the order and we will refund any money paid by you for the goods.
Typographical Errors & Images
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or the wrong image is used in relation to a product due to typographical error or error in pricing information from our suppliers, taxes or duty changes, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If your credit card has already been charged and we subsequently cancel your order, we will immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the value of the incorrect price (including delivery charges).
Errors and omissions excepted on any product, price, product description, image, image description or title. We are human of course, and do try very hard to keep errrors to a minimum. We apologise profusely if an error is found.
Payment and Price
The total price payable for the goods will be stipulated at the time when you place your order whether or not the order has been confirmed. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier's prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been confirmed. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT, and subject to delivery charges which are indicated at the time of placing an order.
CameraWorld also reserves the right to cancel the order if security measures indicate a possible fraud attempt. If your card has not been authorised by our payment conditions, then we will contact you by email. Order cancellation is done immediately and may take 3-5 working days to be processed by the banks.
Any order placed using a non-UK registered card may be declined. All transactions via www.cameraworld.co.uk has to be made with a card that is registered to a UK address. This includes orders placed from outside the UK for a delivery to a UK address.
Promotional Offers (Cashback)
CameraWorld Ltd. act as agents to the manufacturers and are allowed to sell products with permission. Any promotions, such as cashback or free accessories that are supplied by the manufacturer, are promoted on the understanding that customers will make a claim for these offers directly from the promoter on behalf of the manufacturer. CameraWorld Ltd cannot held responsible for any late claims, wrong information on claims or delay in getting said promotional items to you as the customer. All information on our website is correct to the best of our knowledge and we apologise for any mistakes on our part.
Any free products that are supplied by CameraWorld as an "in-house" offer, will be supplied with the main product on your order. If stock of the promotional item is unavailable, a suitable alternative may be supplied without prior communication.
Payment Methods within the UK
We accept most major credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard and Switch. When ordering, you must provide us with your exact billing address and telephone number, matching the address and phone number your bank has on file for you in relation to the card you are using. Your billing address is the address you get all your bills and statements sent to, and is the primary address that your bank use to contact you. Incorrect information will cause a delay in processing your order. Your order will only be processed once authorisation of your credit card has been properly received. You may also pay by cheque or postal order although we cannot dispatch the goods until payment has been cleared which can take at least 10 days.
CameraWorld uses 3D Verification on all direct card payments via SagePay. "MasterCard SecureCard" and "Verified by Visa" are operators and supporters of 3D Verfication. All orders placed via SagePay must be 3D Secure before we are able to dispatch goods, particularly those of a high value. Please check with your card issuer that your card is part of the 3D verification process. If your card issuer does not support 3D Verfication, we may not be able to proceed with your order dependant on value.
What does a 3D Fail mean?
CameraWorld refer to it as 3D Verfication. Visa cards backed up by Verified by Visa and MasterCards by MasterCard SecureCard. It is an added level of security between you (the customer) and your card issuer. If you have placed an order with us, it might be authorised by your bank, but if we do not get a full verification, we may not be able to proceed with the order. This is not an issue with your bank. This is to do with Visa or MasterCard. You will have to enter a password that is known only between you and Visa/MasterCard.
CameraWorld will contact you as soon as possible to inform you if there is any issue with your order prior to the dispatch of your goods.
For more information, please click the following links in relation to your card:
Verified by Visa
Payment Methods from outside the UK
For orders outside the UK but within the EU, please call 0044 207 636 5005. We will confirm availability and delivery costs as well as giving you an order reference which should be quoted on all transactions. For EU International orders we accept BACS bank transfer for payment only. We currently do not accept PayPal transactions for international orders. International Orders will be subject to a £10.00GBP Administration charge to cover charges from the banks for the transfer and exchange rates.
Payment Expiry (Online Only)
When placing an order via our website, your bank or PayPal will secure the funds first. At no point will CameraWorld confirm the receipt of these funds until we are able to dispatch your order. If we are unable to do so for any reason, your Bank will keep the funds helf for 30days from the date and time of your order. If we are unable to supply your order within this time frame, we will make further arrangements for you. PayPal will secure funds for 30days immediately after your transaction is placed. If we are unable to supply your goods within 30 days, PayPal will automatically return the reserved funds back to your account. If we are unable to supply your order within this time frame, further arrangements will made for you.
All delivery charges will be added to the price of the products at our checkout. Mainland UK delivery charges quoted are for the majority of UK Mainland addresses. For delivery prices and times to all other areas contact us at [email protected] or look at our "Delivery Information" Page
- Next working day deliveries are both subject to stock and the order being received by CameraWorld by 3pm.
- Orders received on Friday after the aforementioned time will be dispatched the following Monday.
- Printers and larger items are subject to an additional day's delivery due to size and weight
Delivery times are subject to change without notification by the delivery company, although we will try to contact you if we are able to.
Delivery of products within mainland UK will normally be made within 3-5 working days from clearance of payment. Larger items, such as printers or studio sets are sometimes delivered directly from the manufacturer/local supplier, and may take up to 5 working days to deliver.
We will endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated but goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes outside of our control. Any dates specified for the delivery of the goods are approximate only and we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods.
We will are happy to deliver to an alternative address should payment clearance be authorised. However, for higher value items, it may not be possible to deliver those goods to the requested address. In those instances, we will contact you and inform you that the goods will be sent to the card registered address. Please be aware, that although we can offer to send it to an address other than the billing address, we are not obliged to. All parcels are required to be signed for and will only deliver to the address that CameraWorld supplies the courier companies.
Should you be unable to receive the goods, then the delivery company may return the parcel to one of our stores. If this happens, and you would still like to receive the order, you will be liable for an additional delivery charge up to £30.
If you have made an application for Pay4Later finance, we are unable to deliver to an alternative address. We will only send the goods to the billing/card registered address.
With out courier partners, we quote 3-5 working days for the delivery of your order once we have received payment confirmation. CameraWorld Ltd will not be held responsible for any further delay of the delviery to international transport issues; local and national observances or holidays.
As soon as we have delivered the goods to your door you will be responsible for them. We will only deliver goods to the address on the order and goods will not be left without a signature. From the time of receipted delivery of the goods, any loss or damage to the goods shall be at your own risk. Any transit damage to the goods, shortages or incorrect goods supplied must be noted on the delivery consignment note at the time of delivery.
Time Limitation for Notification of Claims
If goods arrive in a damaged condition you must make a note on the carrier's delivery consignment note and it will be your responsibility to inform us within 7 days from delivery. It is your responsibility to sign for the correct number of packages as shown on the carrier's delivery consignment note. Any shortages must be noted on the consignment note and it will be your responsibility to notify us within 7 days from delivery. It is your responsibility to notify us of any in-correct goods supplied within 7 days from delivery. We will not accept liability for goods lost in transit unless we are notified within 10 days from the expected delivery date. If goods returned under this clause are found to be perfect and in full working order, these will be returned to you and an administration fee of 15% of the price of the goods along with the cost of carriage will be charged to your credit card account.
All products supplied are covered by the terms and conditions of the Manufacturer's Guarantee for a period of 12 months, unless otherwise stated. Manufacturer's guarantees specifically exclude faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse. In addition routine maintenance (such as sensor cleaning, internal lens cleaning), consumables (such as memory cards and inks), and cosmetic damage are not covered. This does not affect any statutory rights.
Used Equipment, Ex-Demo, ReNEWeD and Refurbished stock are supplied with a 6 month UK warranty (unless otherwise stated) which replicates the conditions of the manufacturers guarantees, along with any terms, unless otherwise stated.*
*Please note that if you take this out item outside of the UK, your product will not be covered by the aforementioned guarantee.
Used Equipment (Part Exchange, "Cash Buys" & Warranty)
CameraWorld is happy to take in your old equipment for either a Part Exchange against another product or as a "Cash Buy". To find out how much your equipment is worth, please enter all your details on our Part Exchange Page. Once we have received your email, we will contact you within the next few days. Over weekends, please allow for extra time before contacting us.
Please note that any valuation we is valid for seven days from receipt of our reply email or telephone call.
If we feel that the item does not match the description supplied or expected, CameraWorld reserves the right to refuse the item(s) and will return it subject to delivery charges (where applicable).
Please ensure you bring a valid form of photo ID such as a Drivers Licence or passport for in store transactions
Valuations are subject to change based on current stock levels, promotions, or other within the valid valuation period.
"Cash Buys" is a shortened term of giving you money for your equipment. However, for security reasons, we are unable to give you actual cash. Funds may be transferred directly back to your account via a "Refund"-style transaction with your bank card or in the form of a cheque.
Used Equipment Warranty: 6 Month Guarantee on all items over £50
When you buy a used item from us over £50 in value it will be covered by our 6-month guarantee. In the unlikely event of the product developing a manufacturers fault within this period, just pop it back to us and if we can’t repair it for you, we’ll issue you a full refund providing it’s not covered in sand or ice cream.
Rest assured that all of our items have been lovingly checked and cleaned. In some cases, we even send them for service before sale.
Items purchased below £50.00 are offered with a seven day return promise provided they fall within the parameters for a faulty item as stated above.
Commission Sale Items
These are items that we sell on behalf of some of our customers and we take a small commission for doing so. These products are covered by our 30 day money back guarantee should the item develop a manufacturers fault within this period.
Cancellation of Internet Orders, Telephone Orders & Refunds
1. Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Camera World Ltd does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
2. As. part of our CameraWorld Promise, we offer customers the opportunity to return goods up to 14 days after receipt (“the Returns Period”), subject to the terms and conditions in this returns policy.
3. You must prior to returning any goods received, contact us on 01438 367619 or by sending us an email with full details of your return to [email protected] Failure to contact us in respect of a return or cancellation in line with one of the methods set out above will result in a delay in processing your refund or the product being returned to you. All authorised returns must be returned to CameraWorld Ltd, Returns Department, The Old Post Office, 13 High Street, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 3BG.
4. If you exercise your right to cancel your order after the goods have been despatched, you will be responsible for returning the goods to Camera World Ltd (within 14 days of notifying us) at your own risk and cost, therefore we strongly recommend you use an insured delivery method, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. For items which cannot ordinarily be returned by post, we will at your request use our reasonable endeavours to arrange a courier to collect the goods; the estimated maximum cost of this would be £15 per item for mainland UK addresses.
5. All returns are subject to the following conditions, except where the goods are faulty or incorrectly described on the Web Site.
- Your item is complete and in 'as new' saleable condition:
- If you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging
- You haven't used the item
- The item contains no personal data and hasn't been registered to a user
- The item must be returned within 14 days of you requesting to return it.
- While you have to pay to return the goods, we will refund the standard delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place (if you paid for delivery). If you opted for an enhanced service for example, before 9am, we will only refund the standard delivery cost.
- Any use of the product is relative to examining it, and ensuring it suits your needs. The extent to which you can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop. Camera World Ltd does not sell products on a trial basis.
- A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary. We may refuse the return of items without the original packaging or where it has been returned in poor condition.
- Software, memory cards and film can only be accepted if still sealed. This policy is to avoid any potential breach of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (CDPA) 1988. All opened software is exempt from return under the terms of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Software that arrives damaged or is physically faulty may be returned under our normal returns policy.
- It is returned with the original box, packing and any accessories you received with it.
- A proof of purchase must be supplied.
- You also return any free gifts which came with the product, which also must be in their original packaging and in a saleable condition
- We will not refund any items that have been specially ordered to your individual specification or personalised.
- Gift Vouchers are not eligible for exchange or refund
- No item will be refunded if purchased during a cash back period and said cash back had been claimed by the purchaser.
6. Until such time as you return the goods to us you must take reasonable care of the item(s). Any use of or damage to the delivered goods or product packaging beyond that necessary to inspect the goods upon delivery may result in you incurring a restocking charge to cover the loss that we might reasonably expect to incur in reselling the item(s). We may refuse the return of items without the original packaging or where it has been returned in poor condition.
7. Subject to 6. above, if you exercise your right to cancel your order within 14 days (where the goods are not found to be faulty), we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
8. Faulty goods: For faulty goods we offer the following terms:
- You will always have the option of an exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 30 days of delivery.
- If the fault has occurred within the first six months after delivery but after the first 30 days, you can ask us to repair or replace faulty goods. However, we can, choose the solution that is more proportionate or practical for us. In the majority of cases, we will send an item for repair in the first instance. If the repair is unsuccessful, you can then claim a replacement or a full refund. Alternatively we will seek to agree a price reduction with you if you wish to keep the product.
- After six months, unless you can demonstrate that the fault was present at the time of original delivery or we have previously arranged a repair and this has failed to resolve the fault, our liability will be limited to providing you with reasonable support to make a claim under the manufacturer’s warranty, where applicable.
In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault and, if no fault is found, return the product to you. In these circumstances, no refund will be processed until the returned goods have been received by us and an appraisal made as to any fault. This promise does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
9. Any refund due to a fault or other defect will include a refund of the delivery charge. In such circumstances we will also pay for your costs of returning the goods (up to £10 in the UK). Beyond six months you will be responsible for covering the costs of returning the goods (unless you have been able to establish that the goods were defective at the time of original delivery, in which case we will reimburse your costs as set out above). We strongly recommend you use an insured method such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. Replacement goods are sent by standard delivery only (i.e. premium services are not available).
10. Refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the returned products.
11. This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights. Details of your statutory rights are available from the citizens advice bureau or consumer direct.
You will own the goods once we have received your payment in full. We will issue you with an invoice once we have dispatched the goods to you. Failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you.
Our Staff reserve the right to work in a safe enviroment. From the shop floor, to admin and above, we reserve the right to protect our selfs from individuals who use threatening or abusive behaviour (both verbal and physical). If an individual becomes abusive or threatning, CameraWorld Lted reserves the right to ban that person(s) from our stores and will seek legal council should we feel compelled to do so. This further includes threatening or abusive behaviour via email or social media outlets.
We also monitor this site's access log information and the connection address from the Internet address you are connecting from is automatically included within that.
Cameraworld Ltd takes customer privacy seriously and does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any third parties. We use this contact information to send you information that we feel may be of interest about our company. If you prefer not to receive such mailings from our company, please let us know by sending an e-mail, calling or writing to us.
Cameraworld Ltd is committed to the security of customer information and we have security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you provide before it is sent to us. In addition, in accordance with UK Data Protection legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact us at [email protected]
www.cameraworld.co.uk is operated by Cameraworld Ltd
Registered in England and Wales - No. 03691718
Ground Floor 18 Hoffmans Way
E-mail: [email protected]
At the end of the day, and assuming you've made it this far in reading this, we're really nice actually. We've been in this trade for decades and we love it. We also love our customers who come from far and wide to get honest and friendly advice. We strive to offer you the best advice and deals: bringing internet prices to a local shop. We will do everything we can to do right by you, and help you in every single way that we can.
Thank you for shopping with CameraWorld, and we hope to see you again very soon.