Privacy & Cookies Policy
We know you value your privacy. We value it as well; which is why we promise not to pass it on to external companies for marketing purposes or data gathering.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
1. Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
2. Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website. If you do not want your visits to our website to be monitored in this way you can find out more about removing cookies by clicking here.
3. Your IP address (this is your computer?s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
4. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
1. to process your order, to process any application for finance or a mobile phone contract etc., to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
2. to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Experian Limited, or another credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions);
3. to comply with legal requirements (e.g. if you buy a TV or similar, we are obliged to pass your details to the TV licensing authority).
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies that work with us for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please tick the "Yes" box when entering your personal details. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish - see "Your rights" section below.,
1. You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to [email protected] Please ensure you type "update" in the subject line of your email.
2. You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email [email protected] Type "No Marketing" in the subject line and then the following in the main text:-
your postal address, including postcode, your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
3. You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to CameraWorld Ltd to cover our administration costs:-
Customer Services (Data Subject Request)
CameraWorld Ltd, 7 Exchange Way, High Chelmer Shopping Centre, Chelmsford, Essex. CM1 1XB
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
www.cameraworld.co.uk uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
1) To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
2) To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
3) To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods from us we may provide, to you, details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
www.cameraworld.co.uk uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers.
www.cameraworld.co.uk publishes Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on this website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behavior across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google's Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.Google.com/ads/preferences/.
You can opt-out of the Ad sense partner network cookie at: http://www.Google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained.
To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.Google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.]
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
[Other] third party cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy".
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
By using our site, you consent to our websites cookies policy.