Privacy & Cookies Policy
Please note, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites which may be linked from the CameraWorld website. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
Use of personal information
In order to provide our customers with an effective service, we, and our partner advertising networks, advertisers and advertising affiliates (3rd party partners), will collect and store personal information.
In the course of using our services, which could include making a purchase, registering on our website or signing up for our email offers, we may collect:
- • Your name, address, phone number and email address;
- • Details of your order and a delivery address;
- • Details you provide us with when you make an enquiry;
- • Information relating to your visits to our website; i.e. the pages that you access, as well as your location, language, browser, and IP address;
- • Details you provide if you report an error on our website.
The information that we collect is used for the following purposes:
- • When you make an order, we use your personal information to process your order, collect payment, arrange delivery, to email you order and delivery information, and for ongoing customer services;
- • Internal accounting;
- • Analysis of website statistics to improve our performance;
- • Registering you on the Website, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. change of telephone numbers or address);
- • To keep in touch with you regarding changes to our terms and conditions, and your marketing preferences;
- • Sending you marketing promotions and offers, which you are able to opt out of at any time.
In the course of providing our services, we have to share your information in the following ways:
- • Providing our couriers, or direct dispatch suppliers, with your contact details so they can deliver your order successfully;
- • If you take out a finance agreement, we share your information with V12 Retail Finance, who provide the financial services, as well any deposit payments;
- • Providing services through SagePay and PayPal, our payment providers, to process your transactions;
- • Providing Google and TestFreaks, our 3rd party review partners, with your contact and order details to allow them to invite you to review your experience using our service, and write product reviews of the items purchased;
- • Providing website analytics companies (Google, Microsoft) with conversion details to monitor our advertising performance;
- • Providing our email marketing partner with your name, email and the correspondence details.
In the course of providing our services, we may need to share your information with:
- • Our professional advisers, including, without limitation, our insurers, accountants, auditors;
- • Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
- Our Third Party Advertisers;
- • The police or any other law enforcement or government agency where the law requires us to do so. (You should be aware that if we are requested by such authorities investigating suspected illegal activities we are entitled to provide your personal information, or any other information we obtain about you, to them);
- • Other 3rd parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or for exercising and defending our legal rights.
Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone. While we take all reasonable measures to protect your stored information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online.
How long we keep your information
We will retain the personal information you provided on registering an account on our website until you ask us to close that account. Upon making a purchase with us, we will additionally retain certain limited personal information such as your name, email address and postal address, order history, until you ask us to update or delete those details. If we are legally required to do so, or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your personal information for a period of time, even after you have closed your account.
In the case where you have any correspondence with our customer services department (either before or after a purchase), we will retain those details until we have deemed the information no longer necessary, or, if resolved, you request it to be deleted.
In the event that we were to sell, or attempt to sell, our business, we may disclose your personal data to any prospective purchaser(s) and/or their advisers.
Where we store your personal data
All information that we collect, and retain, is stored within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), and currently within the United Kingdom. However, information passed to our 3rd party partners (i.e. Google, TestFreaks, PayPal, SagePay etc.) may be held, or processed, outside of the EEA.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by clicking the unsubscribe button/link on any marketing communication we have sent to you, or by contacting us.
Updating Personal Information
If you wish to correct your personal information, or privacy preferences, please write to us at:
- CameraWorld Ltd
- High Chelmer Shopping Centre
- 7 Exchange Way
- CM1 1XB
You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you. There may, in certain circumstances, be a fee charged to meet our costs in providing you with this information.
In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data if:
- • You withdraw your consent, and it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal data;
- • You object to the use of your personal data, and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it;
- • You believe we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can ask us to restrict how we use this personal data while your complaint is being resolved.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights, or wish further information. If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office via https://ico.org.uk
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
www.cameraworld.co.uk uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
1) To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
2) To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
3) To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods from us we may provide, to you, details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
www.cameraworld.co.uk uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers.
www.cameraworld.co.uk publishes Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on this website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behavior across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google's Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.Google.com/ads/preferences/.
You can opt-out of the Ad sense partner network cookie at: http://www.Google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained.
To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.Google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.]
[Other] third party cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy".
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
By using our site, you consent to our websites cookies policy.