Bought this to use with Sony A7R 11 camera. Works very well straight out of the box without any problem. Can be used with any angle to the camera. Ideal for family protraits.
Sony RMT-DSLR2 Wireless Remote Commander
Product code: 141481
Wireless Remote for NEX & SLT
- Designed for SLT and Compact System Cameras (NEX) - Compatible with a range of NEX and SLT cameras so you can take control of photo and movie composition from a distance
- Stop and start the movie action - With wireless controls to stop and start movies you can direct the action while your camera stays in the perfect shooting position
- Perfect for self-portraits and wildlife shots - With a wireless infrared connection you can release the shutter when you’re in the shot or hidden away from the camera
- Totally avoid camera shake - With the remote commander, you can remotely and accurately release the shutter without touching your camera
- Capture different types of image - Self-portraits are simple, and long-exposure shots are possible with the remote two-second shutter release
- View images and control settings remotely - You’ll find it a handy way to watch slideshows, movies and adjust settings without touching your camera
Suitable for the following Cameras
I purchased for my husband on 12/3/16 but TV was not opened or installed until 12/25/2016. Easier to register by mail.
I needed a remote control for the Sony A7iii camera for long exposer pictures and I came across this remote. Just make sure to turn on the IR Camera remote setting to "ON". By default, it is turned off. Go to the Settings tool box / page 3 / IR Remote control.
The signal is too bad to be close to the camera, sometimes it will be invalid, too regretful to buy
I'm using this on my a6000. First of all, the battery replacement on my copy has been impossible without ruining the lid. Secondly, there are so many unnecessary buttons that won't work on mirrorless anyways. There should just be a simple shutter on and off, with maybe a timer.