Without a doubt, the new Nikon TC-20E III is a huge improvement over the Nikon TC-20E II. While I have not had a chance to actually test both side-by-side, I have tried using the Nikon TC-20E II in the past and was very disappointed with the results, even when used with fast lenses like Nikon 300mm...
- F Mount Teleconverter
- 2.0x Magnification Factor
- Communication between Lens & Camera
- Maintains Metering, Autofocus, and VR
- Nikon Integrated Coating
- One Aspherical Element
- Dust and Water Resistant
- Compatible with Select F Mount Lenses
Double the reach of your F mount lenses with the Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III and its 2x magnification for use with FX and DX format cameras. With full electronic communication between the lens and camera, it will maintain metering, autofocus, and VR capabilities. It is constructed of seven elements in five groups and with Nikon's Integrated Coating (IC) you will see improved color and reduced flare. It has one aspherical lens element which virtually eliminates lens aberrations, and is dust and water resistant.
- 2.0x teleconverter extends the reach of AF-S lenses by 100% with only two-stop loss in exposure.
- Advanced design maintains the optical quality of NIKKOR lenses as well as fully supports exposure metering and VR image stabilization capabilities.
- Nikon Integrated Coating and aspherical element control distortion, aberrations, flare, and ghosting for optimal image quality.
- Durable, weather-resistant barrel supports use in harsh conditions.
I purchased this teleconverter to use with a Nikon 300mm f2.8 lens for aviation/wildlife photography. The results are excellent although the legendary sharpness of the lens appears a little muted by the teleconverter. At 600mm haze or camera shake may contribute to this though.
Very useful to convert that 300mm into a 600mm, bearing in mind that the aperture number doubles, e.g. f/2.8 becomes f/4 and f/4 becomes f/8.
Wanted a 300mm F2.8 as well as 70-200 F2.8, but budget would not allow. Added this tele to Nikon 70-200 f2.8 lens. On FF I get 400mm F5.6 and 600mm F5.6 if I use the crop sensor function.
Upscaled to 2x converter from 1.7 converter to get more reach with 70-200mm f2.8 Nikon zoom lens on recent trip to Namibia. Teleconverter performed perfectly, as expected. No perceptible loss in quality over the 1.7x converter on Nikon D800.
I have used this product sucksessfully in wildlife photos and in asronamy for example pictures of the moon craters ans Jupiter
People who bought this also bought...
Tenba Tools Lens Capsule 9x9cm
Kaiser Blower Brush (Medium)
Zeiss Lens Wipes (Packet of 24)
Kaiser Blower Bellows (6316)
Tenba Tools Soft Lens Pouch 3.5x3.5" / 9x9cm
Calotherm Optical Wipes (CaloWipe)