Expand your possibilities with this high-performance megazoom lens
- For Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- 25.6-480mm (35mm Equivalent)
- One UXR & Four Aspherical Elements
- One XR & Two Low Dispersion Elements
- Vibration Compensation
- Piezo Drive Autofocus System
- Minimum Focus Distance: 15.3"
Experience previously unimaginable photographic possibilities thanks to the latest optical technology. This extremely versatile megazoom lens for digital reflex cameras with an APS-C sensor covers a huge focal length range of 16mm to 300mm and even allows you to take macro photos thanks to its short focussing distance of only 39cm.
This extraordinary 18.8x zoom comes with Vibration Compensation and high-speed Piezo Drive autofocusing, making it a lens you can rely on for crisp, detailed wide-angle to long-telephoto shots.
In addition, it contains the latest technology from the optical industry such as newly developed aspheric elements and multi-coated lenses to enable even sharper images despite its extremely compact design. Expand your creative possibilities in every situation with this revolutionary 18.8x zoom, developed by the pioneers of the megazoom lens.
A lens from the megazoom class allows you to capture a much larger area. Megazooms offer focal lengths from wide angles down to the telephoto range and are thus the lens of choice for most situations. As a result of their high level of flexibility, compact size and low weight, these lenses are particularly suitable for daily use as an all-round lens, as well as for vacations, activities requiring little baggage or for families with children and all their gear in tow.
The PZD ultrasonic motor delivers a noticeably faster and at the same time quieter autofocus action – ideal for capturing spontaneous moments in razor-sharp images. Furthermore, it also allows you the option of manually focussing the lens at any time.
VC Image Stabilization (Vibration Compensation)
The tried-and-tested Tamron VC Image Stabilizer (Vibration Compensation) ensures this lens delivers sharp and shake-free images. This means that the lens is also perfectly suited for hand-held photos and low-light conditions.
The complex lens construction is splash-proof. As a result, this lens is also suitable for sophisticated outdoor photography.
- XR (Extra Refractive Index) Glass: A special glass with a particularly high refractive index for greater performance and a compact lens design.
- ASL: Hybrid aspherical elements ensure unique image quality and compactness.
- LD (Low Dispersion): Lens element for greater image sharpness and the correction of chromatic aberration.
- Internal-Focusing (IF)-System: The extension length of the lens does not change during focussing and the close focussing distance is significantly reduced across the entire focusing range.
- Zoom Lock (ZL) Mechanism: Protects against undesired extension of the lens barrel.