As with all my other Nikon optics, I'm sure that this is a fantastic lens. Unfortunately, as soon as I took this lens out of the box I realized that It was way too big and heavy for me and sent it back right away, knowing that if I kept it, it would be left at home most of the time. The largest lens that I currently feel comfortable carrying round all day is my Nikon 55-300mm, which I love. The 18-300 feels like a monster in comparison to that lens. Maybe I'll check out the new 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 when it's released, until then I'll stick the the comfort of what I know. I'm going to give this a 3 star rating, simply because I'm sure this would be a great lens for the right person, but the weight and size makes it a non starter for me.
Nikon 18-300mm f3.5-5.6G ED DX AF-S VR Lens
- New Or Secondhand: New
- Lens is suitable for: Nikon APS-C (DX) Only
- Fitting: Nikon DX Only
- Standard ZOOM
- Travel ZOOM
- Filter Size: 77mm
Product code: 135019 (018208021963)
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 27-450mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/32
- Three Aspherical and Three ED Elements
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Rounded 9-Blade Circular Diaphragm
Nikon's most powerful all-in-one zoom lens ever.
If you want a single lens that can cover every imaginable shooting situation, from wide-angle groups to ultra-high-power zoom shots, look no further than the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR. Boasting the longest reach of any NIKKOR all-in-one zoom lens, it delivers the equivalent of 450mm—enough reach to bring the most distant action up close. Nikon's second generation VR II technology ensures every photo and HD video is razor-sharp, and Nikon's advancements in lens design deliver consistent, exceptional performance in any setting. It's also great for close-up shooting. Even more amazing, the AF-S NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR does all this in a surprisingly compact, lightweight lens.
450mm (equivalent) of super-telephoto reach
Building on the success of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–200mm f/3.5-5.6G VR, Nikon proudly introduces the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR for those who want even more reach in an all-in-one lens. Its astounding 16.7x zoom range goes from a wide 27mm equivalent, great for group shots, vast landscapes and more, all the way to a super-telephoto 450mm equivalent, enough reach for wildlife photography and more. The lens can focus as close as 1.48-ft. from your subject at 300mm. This ultra-high-power zoom capability means no subject or composition will ever be out of reach again.
VR II image stabilization
At super-telephoto focal lengths, even the slightest camera movement can cause image blur. Fortunately, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR features Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization that provides 3.5 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture.
Nikon innovations for stunning images
Nikon's innovations in optical design and lens technology have given way to a remarkable new class of NIKKOR lenses. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is among them. From its Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing to its Aspherical (AS) lens elements and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements for maximum contrast and minimum lens flare and ghosting—you can expect a lifetime of consistent brilliant performance from the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- AS: AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- M/A: Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens.
- Vibration Reduction: A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Super Integrated Coating: Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
Buy With Confidence
All our stock is supplied by the official UK importer and comes with full UK guarantee, backed by us.
We are real shops, open 7 days a week, offering independent expert advice and full after sales service.
People who bought this also bought...
Tenba Tools Lens Capsule 13x9cm
Hoya Ultra-Pro UV Filter 77mm
Hoya Ultra-Pro Circular Polarizing Filter 77mm
Zeiss Lens Wipes (Packet of 24)
Tenba Tools Soft Lens Pouch 5x3.5" / 13x9cm
Hoya NX-10 Circular Polarizing Filter 77mm
Calotherm Optical Wipes (CaloWipe)
Hoya NX-10 UV Filter 77mm
Nikon 85mm f3.5G ED VR AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR Lens
Nikon 18-300mm f3.5-5.6G ED DX AF-S VR Lens
RRP £899 SAVE £150.00
Sold OutClick Here for more options
No used versions available